Inspire "Elders"

1,961 to 1,980 of 2,104 messages
Running Postie    pirate
14/10/2012 at 19:33
Pegg Minardi did a DNF, I don't think her head is in a good place as far as racing is concerned.
I did GER today 1.51hr, really pleased considering I was running on tired legs
BI it sounds like you had a good walk,some times it's nice to go at a slower pace!
MWW slowly but surely with the running
The OH is on the P.C at the mo looking for another marathon for the beginning of next year. I think he is going to try to rope me in for it..... Help!!!!
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/10/2012 at 19:29

I'm hunting for 2013 triathlons but they're hard to find, the official list isn't out until December.

15/10/2012 at 20:02

Oh no!  I hadn't realised that RP .  I don't like to think of a 'not happy' Min .  Good GER running from you .

I had planned on going for a run tonight but I was so hungry I opted for dinner instead (I don't have time for both ).  But I'll be burning a few calories playing squash tomorrow lunchtime and will have to race straight into a meeting afterwards so I won't have time to eat...so double calorie deficit!

15/10/2012 at 21:08

Being my normal optimistic self, as well as the Kaiserslautern Olympic triathlon in June I've just entered the Vichy Half-Ironman, France (1 September).

16/10/2012 at 06:33
You sound like me BI.... Ever the optimist! I'm booked into Cayman marathon in December, Llanelli 40 miler in February, Connemara 40 in April and The Wall 69 miler in June... And my current long run is 11 miles
We can do it

Huge congrats on the PB RP... And how did Sandy get on?

Sounds like you deserve the calories Pegg

Good running to you too MWW, and I noticed from FB that Q is doing well too.

I'm back to having HUGE trainer issues. I now have 2 pairs of road shoes that are no good and have just ordered another that may have to go straight back. Because of my forefoot issues I now need a pair of shoes with a low profile from heel to toe (about 4mm).... Any tips on what to get would be gratefully recieved. At the moment my only good ones are Salomon trail shoes which ill be using for the foreseeable! I'm even considering binning the orthotics because of the heel lift!
16/10/2012 at 11:56

Cabbey - yes we can!

Running Postie    pirate
17/10/2012 at 21:46
Cabbey sorry can't help with the shoes, I had issues as well and went back to Nike air Pegasus, now control Mortons with pain killers. Mr RP did 3hr 6 min at Budepest and 1 hr25 min at GER both peebees.
UI you go girl, I have been to Kaiserslauten because Ramstein is on the door step and went to visit the Americans for a weekend!
Back to Tri training this week with renewed vigor or is that rigar Morris?
18/10/2012 at 12:11

RP - I work in Kaiserslautern! Next time you pop over to Ramstein let me know and we can meet up somewhere.

18/10/2012 at 18:40
I hope I've resolved the shoes .... I'm currently wearing hoka one ones. I know they aren't for everyone as they have 2.5 times the cushioning of a normal trainer, but I've just ran a mile (oh yes... No walking!) Get me and they felt amazing. I just hope that feeling continues. Sometimes you have to do a few miles before you can guage it properly.
Brilliant about Mr RP... Fantastic. You two are unstoppable
Running Postie    pirate
18/10/2012 at 19:00
Cabbey not quite sure about unstoppable,suffering with the calf tonight, after I stupidly went and done 6 miles today. Me thinks cycling and swimming for a couple of weeks is in order. I hope the shoes are right.
UI I may take you up on the offer one day, we seem to visit Germany and Holland every year. I do really miss living there.
I am really exited, I have order little RP some real running kit as he does his first XC for the club next week.
20/10/2012 at 07:35

Hello all

RP - well doen on your amazing times well doen to mr RP too!

Cabby - hope you get the shoes sorted, shoes are so expensive it is quite stressful finding the right pair.

I have managed two decent runs this week plus another run on the treadmill, up to about 6 miles now, enjoying being back out there. I have also been rowing and have done a kettlebell class, may not run today, need to rest the legs!

Hope you all have agood weekend

20/10/2012 at 19:04

Evening all

RP that must be fab buying running gear for little RP. Hope your calf gets better... I always think calves are a blooming nightmare... too tight and they can give you everything from calf pain to PF

MWW, great to hear you're back running. I have discovered rowing lately too... it's a good workout isn't it?

I'm well chuffed to say I managed 12.6 miles today in the new Hokas. They are really good and I think I've found the solution. I'll wait until they are about 6 weeks old and if they are still as good as now I'll invest in the trail version. My current trail shoes feel too small now. I'm keeping them though... I did my first ultra in them... it's a sentimental thing

20/10/2012 at 20:57

good evening all

well done on GER, RP and well done to mr RP

good running MWW

well done on your run cabbey glad the shoe's are working out

there's a marathon in great yarmouth tomorrow but as i'm not ready for it so i'll be running 12 mile's instead

21/10/2012 at 21:26

Well I've just done 2.5miles on the treadie.  It's way too hot in my office for running and I don't think the bowl of chilli and two slices of chocolate cake that I had for tea helped, but it's taken me to 8 miles this month - my highest mileage month this year!  I guess 2012 isn't going to be a record breaking one ha ha .

I hope you had a good 12miler today Q?

Glad to hear the shoes are okay (for now anyway) Cabbey.  You're making fast progress already.

Great to hear that you're back at it MWW.

Best of luck to little RP for the XC!

Well the weekend is almost over   Here's to a happy Monday for everyone

22/10/2012 at 06:35
The weekends go far too fast Pegg
Well done on the treaddie run and thanks for the comment re fast progress... I'm trying

Hope you got to do the 12 miler and all went well Q
22/10/2012 at 07:58

well done on the treadie run pegg

thre run went quite well the first time i've ran that far for over a year, it was nice to run pain free although i still haven't got full movement with my shoulder

22/10/2012 at 16:11

Well done all. Agree the weekends go too fast, I would like to have a 4-day work week and a 3-day weekend.

1400m swim done yesterday. OH did a 5km run with Nemo and then a 1200m swim.

We're concerned about Charly, he seems to drink a lot of water and pees a lot too. I timed him this afternoon and he urinated for 30 seconds straight. Phoned our vet and was told to measure how much water he drinks in a day and bring the result with a urine sample for testing.

28/10/2012 at 09:26

Where is everyone? Had to rescue the thead from page 2!

Off for usual Sunday morning swim session. Yesterday it snowed here most of the day, stopped in time for dog club but there was a bitter wind blowing straight across the field. The dogs didn't seem to mind it! Charly is coming along nicely, attentive and trotting along by my side. When I first get him out of his kennel, he pulls me right to the table we have in front of the fence, puts his front paws up and waits for me to lift him up onto the table! Then we practice the sit, down and stay positions.

28/10/2012 at 17:45
Evening all.
Well done for Charly and his progress. Lincoln did his longest run yesterday of 14 miles with Graeme. He's definitely a runner, we are going to buy him a proper running harness now I think
Running Postie    pirate
30/10/2012 at 19:47
Busy,busy and oh yeah busy. In need of a holiday
1,961 to 1,980 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.