Inspire "Elders"

1 to 20 of 2,104 messages
03/05/2011 at 18:00
Just another rubbishy chit chat thread for the oldies at Inspire... No race lists, just a good old laugh about this and that
03/05/2011 at 18:21
 Well, would you just look at who we have here *waves to Cabbey*.  But would you believe it, I can't stop and chat cos it's Tuesday evening and *says very quietly* I have to go r*nning.
03/05/2011 at 18:32
What's that?
you can talk about running Min... Just no race lists, because I can't for the life of me think who could be @rsed to keep updating it.
Have a good run... I've done mine already *looks all smug*
03/05/2011 at 18:56

Hello ladies

03/05/2011 at 19:09
Good Evening, Can we chat about 'The Other' as well. I don't know much about This and That!
03/05/2011 at 19:10
Evening S'berry... How are the little berries?
How is your ankle btw?
03/05/2011 at 19:13
I don't know much about the" other " either Girlie
I'm concerned at my dog Lincoln. He is getting fresh with a duster. He may be "the other"
Running Postie    pirate
03/05/2011 at 20:08

hello

just a quick question..it's about this and that, well more that really...how the h*ll do you avoid a sore a*se when cycling?

03/05/2011 at 20:22

Don't cycle

Have you got them padded shorts?

Bluddy h*ll... look at me with my extensive tri knowledge

Running Postie    pirate
03/05/2011 at 20:42
Cabbey yeh! I have a pair of padded knickers but I swear it makes it worse! talking of Tri, I saw a piccy of myself from Sunday and the OH is right I look like a plum in my tri suit (fat and plump-he didn't say that but I knew what he meant!) I was really upset so did the usual and went and shopped...for another tri suit, this one is black so looks more flattering...now to get my bum in gear and start shaping up! (I can use my old tri suit for training, hopefully it will help to avoid my saddle sore as I was alright on Sunday...or was that because it was so windy I was more concerned with keeping the bike upright?!
03/05/2011 at 20:48
Have you considered a different seat? I know Tags was quite fussy when it came to his.
03/05/2011 at 20:53
Ok, according to Tags, doing your tri (well done on that btw) will have had an accumulative effect along with your cycling today. He reckons it gets better as you cycle more! He did 30 miles on his bike yesterday
03/05/2011 at 20:54
....and as I am thread creator... It only seems fitting that I get the first....
03/05/2011 at 20:55
.... Connect 4
Running Postie    pirate
03/05/2011 at 20:58

yah, not only that you top of the hot threads!!!

Tell Taggy, well done on the 30 miler and is he going to come over to the right side and do a bit of Tri?! lol

I ave been told the more you ride the less it hurts, is that because youv've killed all you nerve endings?

03/05/2011 at 21:04
Lol... Or maybe just killing off your brain cells with that sh1t
Tags stays afloat as good as a ship in the Bermuda triangle, so I can't see a tri happenin tbh
Running Postie    pirate
03/05/2011 at 21:16

umm know the feeling there, when I swim it fells like im going backwards

here is a new link for recipes, I thought you might like

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=3&UTN=175331&last=1&V=8&SP=

03/05/2011 at 21:40

RP I have a wonderful gel padded cover for my saddle which has worked a treat

Cabbey the Berries are fine - well apart from Aberry falling off a horse this afternoon in her lesson  thankfully she is fine and even got back on it and finished her lesson  very proud of her (for getting back on not falling off!!!)  Have a feeling she might be a bit tender tomorrow - oh well nothing that a good day at school won't cure!!!! LOL

My ankle is also fine *touch wood*

Sorry I've not been around much recently, but I'm up to my eyes in fairy tea party arrangements.

One quick question though - does anyone know of a trailery thingy that I can get for my bike so I can cart the Berries to Mberry's gym classes?  The Berries are almost 6 and 8, but don't want Mberry cycling and then having to do 1 1/2 hours of gym and then cycle home again - think it would all be too much for her, especially as she has gym twice a week and then after half term goes to 3 times a week (she really puts me to shame)  Aberry could cycle it, but I'm concerned about her being on the roads.  Hubby can't understand me and says I should just use the car, but I see it as extra training!!

03/05/2011 at 21:44
mmmmm RP that Malteaster tray bake sounds fab - might go on the tea party menu, then I have an excuse to taste some
03/05/2011 at 22:59
I know I'm starting to feel my age slightly (Hangovers? Where did they come from?) but still a little concerned at being considered an 'Oldie'! I'm only 34 FFS!!

I know, I had a hard paper round....
1 to 20 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.