Interesting films now out on DVD...

16 messages
20/09/2012 at 16:14

I recently rented out 'Lockout' with Guy Pearce. I knew it was going to be a bit dumb and far fetched, but i really liked it.

Another great film was 'Like Crazy'. Romance from across the seas sort of thing.

Anyone got any other films worth a look, out now?

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2012 at 16:25
Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

Zzzzzz boring !! get a life or get on the Jeremy kyle show

O...k...a...y...

Just saw your post on the troll thread and now this. You know the film Beetlejuice, where he turns up if you say his name 3 times, because the newly dead are shit at haunting?

I think you need a little help with your would be trolling, just say kk 3 times and I'll give you a critique.

I understand where you're trying to come from with the Jeremy Kyle bit, but I don't think it's a very relevant line of trolling to take on a thread about film. We can work on that.

(Ghostrider, none that I've seen lately)

Edited: 20/09/2012 at 16:25
20/09/2012 at 16:45

Beetlejuice was rubbish. It shouldn't even be mentioned in a thread about interesting films. People will get confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetlejuice#Reception

--

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2012 at 16:57
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

Beetlejuice was rubbish. It shouldn't even be mentioned in a thread about interesting films. People will get confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetlejuice#Reception

--

It wasn't bad, I can think of a lot worse...

20/09/2012 at 20:52

I wonder why I can't view everyone's posts?

I can see KK's quotes but not the quoted posts.

I havent got anyone on ignore.

Strange

20/09/2012 at 20:57

Elli - me neither, kk's post just doesn't make sense without seeing the other posts!

20/09/2012 at 21:08

I've seen a few threads where KK has quoted the same guy, and yet his posts don't show, and he's not on Ignore.

Having seen a lot of the guy's posts, which are often winds up or abuse, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been banned since KK quoted him

I think my personal favourite was his "staunch support" of an 18year old who repeatedly runs 5ks in the 18:40s, with his dream to be winning golds at Rio in 4 years!

The poor kid didn't realise he was mocking him!

kittenkat    pirate
21/09/2012 at 06:35

I know he was deliberately trying to stir, but I wish that people would get over themselves and not report people, it was hardly the crime of the century.

If you don't like someone iggy them if you are a sensitive soul.

Morning everyone.

kittenkat    pirate
21/09/2012 at 06:43

I was of course talking very generaly, not about anyone in this thread.

And no we are off topic, so I will just say, don't rent any films about Russian assylums. They're pants.

21/09/2012 at 12:54

Lately I've been recording films on my set-top box and then watching them on my laptop, in the last few months I've seen:

Logan's Run

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Spy Hard

Dawn Of The Dead

No Country For Old Men

Alfie

K-PAX

Most of these were on Film 4 and will no doubt come round again. Also, anyone seen Ben Hur? I recorded it and I know it's supposed to be a classic, but it's nearly 4 hours long and I'm not sure I can be arsed with it.

21/09/2012 at 13:22
I think everyone should watch The Straight Story. When I read some of the things on here and other places you need reminding what. Is important in life.
22/09/2012 at 23:44

I know it's out, but I've not been able to go & buy it yet; 'Avengers Assemble'

'Closer To The Edge' is a roller-coaster of a film & a great watch, if sombre at times

23/09/2012 at 13:25
Tom77 wrote (see)

Also, anyone seen Ben Hur? I recorded it and I know it's supposed to be a classic, but it's nearly 4 hours long and I'm not sure I can be arsed with it.

Ben Hur is ok for a biblical epic, but its no Spartacus or Robe !

23/09/2012 at 14:22

I watched the Woman in Black last night, really scary.

23/09/2012 at 14:36

I found Paranormal Activity 3 to be a big let down. Everyone said it would be really scary, but didn't scare me at all.

03/12/2012 at 00:44

Argo. Ben Afflick. Seeing is believing! Based on a true story. Ben was incredible in that role. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
16 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.