Interview Time!

Girlie panic!!

1 to 20 of 96 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 09:54
Ok as a runner who likes to run at lunchtimes and one who doesn't have a face to face role with the public I can't remember when I last wore make-up!

Next week I have an interview for a new job so feel that I need to make an effort!

When the make-up companies say that you should not use make-up over a year(?) old is this there way of making us buy more or fact?

Do I need a quick make-up shop as well as clothes!?!?!?!

Pixie
11/07/2006 at 10:06
Hiya Pix!

Make up does start to break down after a while, and can get contaminated by bacteria. I certainly wouldn't use an old mascara for example cos they are prime breeding grounds. Lipstick, blusher etc should be fine as long as the texture hasn't changed and they don't look or smell funny:-)

I have read before that women who wear light make-up to interviews/work are more likely to get the job or earn higher salaries - whether thats a myth put about by the beauty companies I have no idea, but looking groomed and as if you've made a bit of an effort is generally a good thing for first impressions.
If you're not used to using make-up I wouldn't go overboard though - maybe a very light tinted moisturiser, a bit of blusher, some mascara and a light lipstick or gloss?

Good luck!!!
11/07/2006 at 10:08
Have one of them make over things at the local departmeant store?

S**t how do I know girliy things.
HARD MAN TAFF
KKD
11/07/2006 at 10:09
I'm sure the make up will be fine to use. Lots of my stuff is WELL over a year! Just go for a touch of make up for some colour so you don't feel self conscious and 'caked'.

Very best of luck with the interview.
x
KKD
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:12
thanks!
I don't do much make-up
was thinking foundation/tinted mosituriser
lippie
bit of light eye colour and mascara

Taff, my town is sh1te and small!

Why don't make-up firms do small sized products!
KKD
11/07/2006 at 10:16
They do samples. Just look interested in the sales pitch and ask if you can get a sample tube to try in natural light! Voila!

Oh no. I've just reinforced the tight wad Scot thing haven't I??
KKD
[slicks back hair]

You're beautiful as you are.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
oh KKD that sounds like a great plan!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:17
aww fanks Don!
<blushes>
11/07/2006 at 10:17
Only joking! ;-D
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:18
<stomps feet and sulks>
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:19
Just wear a short skirt, High heels and they will never notice your crap makeup
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:21
yeah but they will laugh and my short stubby legs Dave!
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:23
Still will take thier minds off the makeup
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:24
good point actually!
I suppose it is niave of me to think my natural charm and skills will shine through and they will over look lack of style!!

Oh sod it I'll just wear running kit and look natural in a sweaty glowing mess!!
11/07/2006 at 10:25
Not if you wear no knickers and keep crossing and uncrossing your legs.

Make up tip: You've probably overdone it if a tap on the back of your head makes your make-up fall off.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:28
i'll remember that one Mr X!
Dark Vader    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:35
Girls.. very few of you actually NEED to wear any make up. You are all beautiful...

Of course.. there are some who are complete donkeys and even a truck of concrete from Ready-Mix isn't going to fill in the cracks..

Personally.. I prefer women to wear as little make-up as possible.. and if you do use, do it properly!!!

Stump    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:56
Pixie - you don't need make up. You are competant, professional and motivated.

It doesn't matter that you are pretty.

Jus cos you are is not going to go against you in the interview.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/07/2006 at 10:59
thanks stump!
I was brought up to be a firm believer in 1st impressions last so that extra effort seems important!
I've even dug out my ear rings!!
1 to 20 of 96 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.