Interview

Eeeeekkk!

1 to 20 of 61 messages
31/05/2007 at 11:50
OK Folks,

So I have an interview for a job that I really want tomorrow.

It is an internal job but it is quite a big leap up the ladder. It is a corporate role and I believe that it really fits my skills. It also involves relocation. It has been advertised as a 'tremendous development opportunity'.

I know that not all of those who applied are being interviewed and I believe that only 3 have made the cut! SO I am optimisitic (ish) but anxious.

The last interview I had was to join the company more than 6 yrs ago, as all my internal moves / promotions since have been pretty much told to me rather than offered! I want this job and as such I am here for a rehearsal interview. I have brushed my hair and polished my shoes in preparation.

Please ask me all the horrid questions that you have been asked in interviews so that I can at least be prepared for tomorrow!!

Or you could always tell me the fabulous answers you gave to the tricky questions too....

(and for goodness sake don't ask me about IT or personal finance - thats why Coops and co are here!!)
31/05/2007 at 11:52
So, tell me about yourself...
31/05/2007 at 11:53
FB???

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
Short skirt and those really high heels Loon !!!
Why should we give this job to you?
31/05/2007 at 11:56
( slips into management role)

Which dimension of the person talent pool do you feel that your profile would glitter more brightly, were you to be added to our structure?
31/05/2007 at 11:57
So, tell me about yourself...

Well, David, I am a virgo and my favourite reading material is Heat magazine. Last year my most memorable global news event was Chantelle winning Celebrity Big Brother - Imagine a non-celeb winning that eh?

In my spare time I mostly admire photos of Dave in his wetsuit and spend an awful lot of time on a website sharing my secrets with people I have never met. Which demonstrates my skills with people.

Oh God I really need to start taking this seriously....
31/05/2007 at 12:00
Brilliant Barkles!
translated as
What would you bring to the company in your new role, were you to be offered the job, that would benefit us (the company) more than the other candidates?
31/05/2007 at 12:01
Got it in one.
Got it in one.
Tell me Mrs Lunacy, where do you see yourself in five year's time?
or two even
31/05/2007 at 12:03
It we were to glide the trawler of creativity past the fertile bank of your imagination, how rich would be the catch, and have you any mind-mackerels you could share with us now?
31/05/2007 at 12:05
"I'm not supposed to ask you this question so I'll ask it off the record, do you have any plans to have children that may affect your position here?"

I've been asked that in every interview I've ever had.
Mind-mackerels! Brilliant!
Whilst the corporate opinion is that monitory value is not the ultimate measure of success, have you any essential concept of the level of remuneration you forsee in exchange for your input?
31/05/2007 at 12:07
If you were to imagine the car park of life, how close would you position yourself to the exit marked ' family extension'?
31/05/2007 at 12:08
What kind of company is it, Mrs L?

What are the selection criteria?
31/05/2007 at 12:12
I've never gotten a job where I've used the word 'anal' to describe someones attitude to work. My best advice therefore is don't say the word 'anal', try not to think about 'anal', don't even visualise or try to think of anyone you might manage or be managed by who you think might be referred to as 'anal'.

Probably best to say it about 20 times before going into the interview to ensure that it's out of your system. Good luck
31/05/2007 at 12:14
All you have to do is look at the job description and think of how your skills and experience match it. Think of specific times when you have performed similar tasks.

Make sure you know all the technical elements of the role.

The more you prepare, the less you worry.
1 to 20 of 61 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.