Is it right

5 messages
06/07/2013 at 23:13

that we will charge members of the commonwealth for NHS healthcare but we will give free health care to members of the E.U

06/07/2013 at 23:34

Arebthere not agreements in place for Commonwealth citizens? Three years ago at the fracture clinic at St Thomas's I was talking to a lady from NZ who was very impressed that she hadn't had to pay for her treatment.

07/07/2013 at 15:07

See Bilateral Healthcare Agreement Countries on this page.

I think it's right that we charge citizens / residents of countries that charge British citizens / residents.

07/07/2013 at 15:50

And if you are only a visitor to a country then travel insurance means you don't have to pay anyway - as long as you have the sense to buy it in the first place, of course.

09/07/2013 at 09:20

i think medical tourism is a piss take, the number of people who travel to the uk JUST to get free health care for an operation or treatment is alarmingly high. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.