Is nobody talking about Lance Armstrong?

peds and stuff

101 to 117 of 117 messages
Nurse Ratched    pirate
23/01/2013 at 22:02
gingerfurball wrote (see)

...well - at least he finally had the ball to come clean 

Erm............BI, I'm thinking you may have missed the joke!

24/01/2013 at 06:40

And if Lance Armstrong had met the author.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/bastards5_0.png?width=350

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
24/01/2013 at 08:40

Nursey - no I didn't, I just chose to ignore it.

24/01/2013 at 09:45

I bought on of his books - its not about the bike. Where do I go for the refund?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
24/01/2013 at 09:53
But it isn't about the bike, it's all about the dope
24/01/2013 at 11:08

Well the dope can fork out my four pound-odd!

gingerfurball    pirate
24/01/2013 at 13:32
Bionic Ironwolf wrote (see)

gfb - like I said before, he's just trying to get back into racing by showing willing to  "help" the USADA with names and methods etc. so they will reduce his lifetime ban from sport. Don't waste your time thinking he did this for any other reason.

(edited for typo)

Bionic IronWolf - I was just having a wee joke -

25/01/2013 at 06:48

Yes I know.

25/01/2013 at 21:48

Barkles wrote (see)

I bought on of his books - its not about the bike. Where do I go for the refund?

If you move to California you can join the class action:

http://road.cc/content/news/74646-class-action-launched-california-buyers-lance-armstrongs-autobiography

Edited: 25/01/2013 at 21:48
25/01/2013 at 22:26

I am just really disappointed as I have been a big tour fan since the days of Stephen Roach and Sean Kelly... I really wanted to believe him. I watched the interview and I think he is still lying and only doing it so he can compete again.

I bought all his books and feel really cheated as I was foolish enough to support him and argue his corner.

No more he is despicable.

26/01/2013 at 04:54

Race again! 

I'm surprised he thinks he can just turn up and join in.

After all, he has to be allowed to enter a race.

And then, the other competitors can refuse to start until he buggers off.

26/01/2013 at 11:06

No, he can't just join in - but the point is, if he makes use of the USADA clause that says a ban may be reduced or revoked if a person "actively participates" in assisting them with details, names, dates etc. then he may be allowed to race again. I just hope justice will prevail and his transgressions are seen to be so egregious that even a very detailed account of all the doping that went on won't be enough  to change his ban.

03/02/2013 at 17:31

A disturbing new twist!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCMi8P0CYAAVA7i.jpg

08/02/2013 at 14:27

Cheat, LIFE Ban  Ful stop.

People have always cheated in cycling I was just doing the same.

Blimey - there have always been murderers but doesn't mean I should go out and kill my neighbour.

No worse than the East German 80's drugs approach. Er well actually I don't see a lot of difference.

Ok so East Germany was communist and did it for State reasons. USA is capitalist and does it for money. East Germans didn;t always know what was going on and if they did were forced into drug taking by coaches, state machine. Lance Armstrong knew exactly what he was doing and bullied others.

Note I said USA above rather than Lance Armstrong.

The good thing about this is that USDA took him down because up until now with Armstrong in cycling, Balco in Athletics and a number of other areas, the USA is looking like the new Drugs cheat country in the world and needs to clean up rather than going to WADA and complaining about the BOA life ban.

08/02/2013 at 16:54

Lance Armstrong.

Wasn't he somebody once?

08/02/2013 at 16:58

"People have always cheated in cycling I was just doing the same."

well you should be ashamed of yourself then!

08/02/2013 at 20:29

So he's now been given two weeks to come up with the dirty and then the USADA will reduce his ban - point proven!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 117 of 117 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.