Is this a mad way to start?

55,201 to 55,220 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
23/11/2012 at 18:54

I've got a 10k on Dec 1 and received my race number today, printed on what feels like a bit of cardboard.

Ultra AJH    pirate
23/11/2012 at 18:55
I've had 2 like that lately, they are rubbish!
kittenkat    pirate
23/11/2012 at 18:55
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
We don't have any computer games in the house thank dog

Is the dog responsible for your social entertainment?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
23/11/2012 at 19:01
We've got a 10k next Sunday, and we half a couple of halves plus the Paris marathon to train for !
kittenkat    pirate
23/11/2012 at 19:06

I've only heard positive things about the Paris mara, apparently it's a fast course and well organised.

I had one of those random conversations at work yesterday and it ended up talking about Eddie  from Enduroman; apparently he had a working link with us, but my mind was on other things so I forget what it was.

23/11/2012 at 19:20
Suzie wanted to do something to celebrate a big birthday, and I haven't done a standalone marathon for years, and she sort of challenged me to train properly and really go for it..... So I fell for it

Most people go to Paris for culture, food romance, we're going to run a sodding marathon ! (At my age as well)
kittenkat    pirate
23/11/2012 at 19:26

You can do all the other stuff after; if you still have the strength!

I remember the day after IM Nice, I was a mess and only managed 2 pints and a huge pizza. The following day everyone had gone home and I was dragging D around in BIG party mode (me not him). I did find out that you can't have a tatt done in Monaco, it's against the law.

23/11/2012 at 19:30
I was amazed after The Outlaw this year, I was up and doing breakfast at 8am. And was as right as rain by Tuesday night apart from the knackered shoulder from the bike crash in June

As for Paris perhaps I can get a sympathetic doctor to prescribe me something ?
kittenkat    pirate
23/11/2012 at 19:35

I think getting pissed every night in the lead up to Nice didn't do me any favours.

Edited: 23/11/2012 at 19:35
kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 07:47

And so, woken up to the comforting sound of torrential rain yet again. Devon is suffering!

24/11/2012 at 07:55
Gorgeous here, clear sky and everywhere is white with frost. Almost Christmassy
kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 08:01

Yuk here but it was forecast.

I'm going to go back to bed with a cup of tea and start my new book.

Dog is vomiting in the garden and I need to remember to medicate the bunny before we hit the road later.

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 09:56

Ug, I just had to pull poo off the south end off yodabunny.

Now to Eden! Neighbours are looking after poochpaws for the day.

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 20:14

I love the Eden Project, we had a fab day and the girls really took to the ice skating.

Another highlight of the day was seeing the reindeer, their hooves are fascinating (go find a real reindeer and look)

The bad news is the weather, it's causing heaps of damage down here in the SW and the drive from Snozzle back here was frightening. We have a fairly large stream running through the farm, and it now isn't so much of a stream, something you can usually jump over is 20ft wide.

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 21:34

Ok, getting worse. The farm has 2 car parks for residents (10 barn conversions and obviously the farmhouse). The lower car park is flooded completely and that's where one of our cars it.

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 21:35

Or was... D is out there now.

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 21:57

Shit. All the garages are flooded at the bottom end and we're not on a flood plain. Also we have our own septic tank for the farm and barns; if that gets flooded it won't be pleasant.

We got the car out and neighbours rallied to get their cars out, there is only 1 family we can't contact or find spare keys to shift their car.

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 21:59

We're quite high, the village is going to be in big shit

kittenkat    pirate
24/11/2012 at 22:27

This is the highest I've ever seen floods here, and at least we're lucky that we know our houses are safe. Ok, all the garages on the bottom half of the farm have gone, but that's just 'stuff'. Also there is no livestock here now, they're all cuddled up inside.

I did comment to D that a neigbouring farm has baby lambs outside, they need to scoop them up because this weather is shit.

kittenkat    pirate
25/11/2012 at 08:44

Ricky Hatton has a lot of demons.

And no, I haven't been outside yet, heard that Exmouth is cut off though.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.