Is this a mad way to start?

55,401 to 55,420 of 55,998 messages
kittenkat    pirate
12/01/2013 at 12:57

Well that didn't quite go as planned. I ran with the faster guys, and towards the end there were just 3 of us, then the one guy who knew the way went a different way to go home, so that left 2 of us with no idea... Got back to the track in the end but 15 miles turned into 16.5 with a big friggin hill we needn't have run up.

The good thing is that I was comfortable the whole way. I'm def aiming as close to 3 hours as I can get at London. Will be happy with anything under 3.15.

That was the longest run Cole has done, he just took it in his stride so to speak. I'm really glad he didn't stop for a dump, as I wouldn't have been able to catch up again if he did.

kittenkat    pirate
13/01/2013 at 17:22

Woke up stressed about tri organisation stuff, so a couple of people got an early morning call about things...

As it was such a beautiful day here we decided to walk along Exmouth beach and collect shells for E's homework (yes that was her homework, good job it wasn't given to a kid in the Midlands).

I then did an hour of yoga, ignoring the last mantra chanting bollocks. I'm not dissing it, if I was on a secluded mountain or beach, bring it on. But in a busy family household with the sense of humour I have to endure here; it's not worth me sitting crossed legs in my underwear singing repetitively whilst breathing like I'm having an organism. Especially not as I'm still a bit nasally from the sinus infection.

Such a busy week ahead, I'm doing 2 late nights to boot. I'm going to suggest to my boss that I try and avoid my flexi Everest being genetically modified upwards, by being in work but doing some of my own work (specifically swim waves etc...).

Of course it all depends on the workload that comes in next week, it's an unknown variable.

kittenkat    pirate
13/01/2013 at 17:23

Oh and we had chips for lunch. Seaside chippies are the best!

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
13/01/2013 at 17:36
Lunch.... Knew I missed something !
kittenkat    pirate
13/01/2013 at 17:40

Ha ha...

I had curry sauce too.

13/01/2013 at 17:46
Got back from a run at 11 and had bacon sarnies, haven't had anything since Large piece of beef just gone in the oven tho roasties and Yorkshire pud
kittenkat    pirate
13/01/2013 at 18:32

Nice...

13/01/2013 at 18:43
With apple & quince pie to follow
kittenkat    pirate
13/01/2013 at 19:14

So you robbed M&S?

13/01/2013 at 21:30
Eh ? All home made, even down to the ice cream who is sad enough to buy apple pie ?
kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 06:15

People who can't be arsed to make it would be my guess. I tend to make our pudding, but we rarely have them because I don't eat them. I'm not a huge fan of sweet stuff, I much prefer savoury. So does thing 1, she would rather a pack of crisps than a bar of chocolate.

I have a few doms, just in my calf muscles. Will do a short run with the Coleman after work tonight.

I've just bought 2 books for my Kindle, 80p... I felt like splashing out.

kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 06:58

I really must take a torch when I take dog out for his early morning whizz. My strategy of 'keep to the side of the track as the horses shit in the middle' is going to come unstuck at some point and my work boots really deserve better.

kittenkat    pirate
14/01/2013 at 17:49

Tootootootootoo much to do.

I'm up to date with the aquathlon emails now and am going to amend some of the online entry stuff.

Doughnuts in work today and l had the weirdest dream last night. I'd been fighting with someone (don't remember that bit just knew I had). Anyway my hand got chopped off and half my radius fell out. We went to the hospital and someone stuck the bone back in and put the hand on top. I suggested that they at least sew the hand on but they didn't. And it worked, I just had a very flappy wrist that grew moss on it. I was so scared of my hand falling off that I kept it up in the air after that.

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 17:50
kittenkat    pirate
15/01/2013 at 06:10

Woke up to PM on Facebook, obviously from one of my dearest friends...

I can't be arsed to Google translate.

Hola Kate Philp, me llamo Eduardo Ruiz y te escribo porque tenemos amigos en común, soy médico en Albacete y estoy colaborando en un nuevo proyecto de web de salud, donde publico articulos de salud general, nutrición y medicina natural. Me gustaría que entraras en mi perfil donde en mi muro publico varios articulos diarios, si te gusta lo que escribo puedes seguirme.
Mi perfil en facebook es este si te gusta pulsa el Me Gusta para recibir lo que vaya publicando: *dodgy facebook link here*

Gracias por tu tiempo y espero no haberte molestado, un saludo de Eduardo

kittenkat    pirate
15/01/2013 at 06:11

two late nights in a row at work coming up... Whoop, whoop.

15/01/2013 at 08:09
Some of us might find the prospect of any work exciting
15/01/2013 at 17:37

Is there nothing around Dave? What are the prospects like?

15/01/2013 at 17:40

I had my 3 month review today, it went really well. I'm lucky, I actually do enjoy my job.

However after I've taken the kids to breakfast club tomorrow I'm going to take Cole for a run before I come in. There's nothing urgent (at the moment) that needs my attention first thing.

15/01/2013 at 20:27
Prospect ? Signing on again on Friday ...
kittenkat    pirate
15/01/2013 at 21:06

Any chance of starting your own business or looking at something completely in a different direction? (Don't actually know what you did)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.