Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
18/01/2013 at 19:30
Parsnip tarte tatain. Yummy
kittenkat    pirate
19/01/2013 at 07:33

Really? I do like parsnips though.

19/01/2013 at 08:03
Yep. It's a Monica Galetti recipe (her from Master Chef Profesionals)
kittenkat    pirate
19/01/2013 at 10:32

I might give it a try. I've got a poorly household, thing 2 has a cold, thing 1 just threw up and the dog is shaking.

They'd all better buck up as we're going to a party tonight.

kittenkat    pirate
19/01/2013 at 12:27

One bucked up (strangely when we were about to pass KFC) the other didn't and I'm now one emergency trip to the vet made and nearly £50 lighter.

Cole has a trapped nerve in his right hip, and is feeling very sorry for himself. Had a jab, and I've got anti-inflammatories for him. No exercise for 4/5 days.

Try telling a collie 'no exercise'.

Actually he doesn't want any at the moment, he's just curled up.

19/01/2013 at 12:37
I buck up every time I pass KFC... It's stopping there that would kill me !

Off into the snowy waste of Cheshire. Suzie our running 15 miles, I should have been racing Helsby half tomorrow but its just be cancelled
kittenkat    pirate
19/01/2013 at 13:31

I think lots of races have been cancelled. I've got a half in a couple of weeks.

I'm just sorting out tri stuff.

We did stop at KFC and the kids had chips and a milkshake. I didn't bother!

So are you getting a lot of training in at the moment?

19/01/2013 at 14:30
Yeah around 40 miles a week
19/01/2013 at 15:21
Exec decision. No race tomorrow, so no need for pasta tonight, veal sirloins instead and a nice drop of red
kittenkat    pirate
19/01/2013 at 16:01

Veal sirloin, yes please!

I just had a very productive meeting, some kind soul from the tri club has taken some of the aquathlon organisation off me. I'm just drowning in other stuff at the moment.

As anyone knows whose organised events, there's a lot to do.

I'm still doing all the admin but now other people are sorting the volunteers, refreshments etc.

I just had to hold my hands up and say I couldn't do it all this year

kittenkat    pirate
19/01/2013 at 22:26

So we went to the party with all our long term (non Internet) friends. And my friend's husband got hit by a car in town, not near us. He's in a bad way according to the phone call, D is sober and so dropped me off to deal with the kids and has now gone to A&E with his wife.

And people get all shitty about ordering kit.

*Rolls eyes*

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 22:30
kittenkat    pirate
20/01/2013 at 16:29

Fractured pelivis and a small bleed on the brain. Guess he's going to figure that cycling back from a beer festival is not such a good idea.

Ran without Cole today, only a short one. I leave the kids to go to a neighbour if they have any problems, they're old enough sensibile enough and where we live is safe enough to do that.

However, came back to a job car parked outside, they'd called D from work because Cole was literally howling with pain.

I think the nerve catches him at times and it must be excruciatingly painful, I hate him being in pain, just as I hate the kids being in pain.

He's been better since but still a very down dog.

We're having a home cinema afternoon, just watched The Nativity it's hilarious!!

I've got surfing injuries, they had a surf simulator at the party last night and being slightly competitive I tried to beat it by lying down and holding on for dear life, several times. They ramped it up full max and each time I ended up being flung about 6ft in the air. Slightly sore ribs this morning, but all very entertaining.

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 16:30
kittenkat    pirate
20/01/2013 at 17:01

Just got an update from my mate, fractured pelvis and a fracture going into the pelvis (couldn't even repeat the name of it), face a mess, teeth lost... but alive.

Can't remember a thing about it and very confused. She's relieved and livid with him as she offered to pick him up.

I remember D being really cross with me on the only time I cycled arsed. Although, we don't think that he was that arsed last night and it was the driver's fault. But I have no idea, just glad it wasn't worse.

kittenkat    pirate
21/01/2013 at 19:43

My assistant phoned in sick today so a really busy day, but sitting down busy and I hate sitting down all day. Came straight home and went for a run.

Our office seems to magic up cakes and chocolates on a regular basis, our production of sweet stuff is very productive.

kittenkat    pirate
21/01/2013 at 20:00

There's a friggin nutter on BBC1 at the moment (local SW programme). Basically he is ex-services with leg injuries and he's designing an mountain bike for people who can't peddle.

And him testing the prototype was amazing, and some pretty big wipeouts that didn't phase him one bit.

I think people like that are great, he still needs that adrenalin rush.

kittenkat    pirate
22/01/2013 at 19:48
kittenkat    pirate
23/01/2013 at 18:33

Managed a 10 mile run in my lunch hour today and it felt good! (It was a 1 hour 20 lunch hour, poetic licence and all that).

I ran down to Torquay and watched the waves crashing against the sea wall, I love the power of the sea. From a very young age I decided that I wanted to live by the coast and live on a farm, ticked both boxes. Oh and I didn't have an invisible friend when I was a kid, I had an invisible dog and it was a collie!

I wanted to fuck up everyone's NYR today (and cheer people up) so I bought a selection of goodies from Sainsburys on my way to work. Try the caramel puffed rice doobry thingies, they're gorgeous!

Edited: 23/01/2013 at 18:34
23/01/2013 at 19:05
I was born and grew up at the seaside, I'm very jealous of anyone who ran un along the "prom"
kittenkat    pirate
23/01/2013 at 19:10

Cole has just been given the all clear to run again. No ball throwing for 3 weeks, I'll clarify, the tennis ball as he has none to wang.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.