Is this a mad way to start?

55,541 to 55,560 of 56,033 messages
kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:37

It's not important, no-one actually really gives a shit where you come in a race except yourself, and that's a comforting thought because it puts it all in the correct perspective.

However, it's obviously important to me and maybe cognition that there is stress in other areas of my life and my self perception and default has always been, if I'm shit at everything else, I've always known that I am good at sport. Others will find that vacuous, but it's been my lifeline.

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:40

Also, deliberately setting yourself up to fail is a really cowardly tactic, or if untrue, an excusable defence on the face of things. I'll shut up now

09/02/2013 at 17:55
Get another Stella don your neck
kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:01

I'm not pouring beer over myself Dave, however much you plead.

kittenkat    pirate
10/02/2013 at 08:13

Right, that was a bit of a much needed offload and I woke up to this message:

Important message re Exeter 1/2 marathon, due to flooding on the course , we have had to change and shorten the route.
Parts of the course are totally unrunnable and not safe. We are busy working on plan b, so
Please turn up to run. The revised route will be about 12 miles.

So, it wouldn't be a chace for me to try to regain my champ place anyway, which was my aim. I will run with fur face instead and then we're taking the kids swimming. First though tea and the Sunday papers.

kittenkat    pirate
10/02/2013 at 12:57

16 miles done, hilly, muddy and wet! But done.

kittenkat    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:30

Ha ha, unfounded stupidity by me, first female 1.23, second 1.38. Second would have been a walk in the park.

Ultra AJH    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:32
Yeah, but you wanted a proper half time didn't you?
kittenkat    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:35

I did mate, you're doing well I'm just catching up on FB. And so, now you're here are we on for the JW? What are your thoughts?

Ultra AJH    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:38
Well I def want to do it, and I would like to give the relay a go properly despite other people trying to persuade me to do the whole thing......
Ultra AJH    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:39
I'm not sure if I want to run long :-/
kittenkat    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:44

Completely up to you, if you want to do the whole thing I undersatand. If not you're my first relay choice.

I haven't thought that far ahead yet, this sounds REALLY bad but unless I know I can win the whole thing, I'm sticking to the relay.

I'm actually running better long this year than I have for the past 2/3, so we'll see what London brings

Ultra AJH    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:48
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm looking at names on there and I have an idea that the female winner is going to be quick. I would quite like to train specifically to smash the relay, but we don't need to decide yet.
kittenkat    pirate
10/02/2013 at 17:50

Agree, we've got time... And we did smash the relay, just with not enough boy bits

Ultra AJH    pirate
10/02/2013 at 18:05
Boys, pah!
10/02/2013 at 18:55

KK - I've got the night run out of the way, now I'm planning on increasing the bike and run sessions, then I'll do an aquathlon or two before the Ilfracombe Tri.

Don't beat yourself up if you don't come first or second, remember why you started running - FOR FUN.  Having said that part of the reason I gave up was because I couldn't match my previous pb for the same course....

kittenkat    pirate
11/02/2013 at 06:08

WS take a look at Plymouth tri too, ow swim

I think I've just been offsetting a bit of work stress this weekend. It was the right decision for where my head was at to go for a long one with fur face yesterday.

kittenkat    pirate
11/02/2013 at 16:52

Completely bokers in work, didn't get a lunch break. But I'd rather work through lunch than have things that need to be done hanging over my head.

D is on lates, so this week I go into work early and try and get home a bit earlier. When I got home and saw thing 1 in her tracksuit talking about the trip to the beach she'd just done, I though cudos daddy for remembering there was a trip on.

Only to be told by thing 2 that daddy had completely forgotton and had to pick thing 1 up from breakfast club to come home and change.

Let's see if he remembers that thing 2 needs to go in dressed as a kid from WWII tomorrow

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 16:52
11/02/2013 at 21:20

LOL KK I keep forgetting what trips my two monsters are on, I've now told them it's their responsibility to remember!

I'm saving my first tri for Sept, I hit the half century a few days before the Ilfracombe Tri so thought it a good celebration, I haven't told Mrs WS but I plan on having a curry in the Gurkha Restaurant after the race (if its still there).  I will do at least a couple of aquathlons and duathlons, open water would be best to get me ready for Ilfracombe.

Am I mad if I say that if I do an OW aquathlon (swim/bike?) I'll see if I can make the legs work for a couple of miles just to see how it feels?  I hope to do a brick training session down by Maer Rocks if I can get Mrs WS to go along, mini tri training session

kittenkat    pirate
12/02/2013 at 06:26

I want to come to the restaurant, I curry. Come join our OW training sessions when they start up again at Teignmouth, very friendly and well attended.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.