Is this a mad way to start?

56,001 to 56,020 of 56,022 messages
28/04/2014 at 20:43

That was with a dodgy achilles?

Hardcore

Edited: 28/04/2014 at 20:43
kittenkat    pirate
28/04/2014 at 21:35

My achillies is usually ok on a bike if it's just grumbling, trees aside!

kittenkat    pirate
29/04/2014 at 09:36

Still the right decision on Sun, but I've just been out and managed 5 miles with the dog. It (achillies) warmed up and was ok, but I still wouldn't want to push the speed. If I can just look after it and supplement with the bike for now. I think *fingers crossed* it might be good.

kittenkat    pirate
01/05/2014 at 18:11

My neighbours keep nicking my dog! I came home to take him for a run and someone else had taken him for a walk. He's a bit of a communal doggy now.

Thing 1 told me she didn't get the point of her practical thinking lessons this morning. Made me smile.

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 18:12
kittenkat    pirate
01/05/2014 at 18:46

Have just dropped the man off at his mates, they're going over to Normandy for a 4 day historical war trip thingy.

This means one thing... Girls weekend

We will include the dog with no balls in that.

kittenkat    pirate
03/05/2014 at 17:37

Well I closed the online entry today for our last aquathlon in the series next weekend, so have spent the afternoon doing race admin.

Meanwhile thing 2 has been baking.

Lemon Drizzle cake? Don't mind if I do.

kittenkat    pirate
05/05/2014 at 18:23

The man is on his way home, ferry due to dock in Southampton at 9.30 tonight and then driving time back to Devon.

We are all far from perfect but I love the fact that he misses us so much, just being away a few days. We've had a great weekend but we miss him too.

What a bastard that he won't get home until about 1am and then has to get up for work at 6!

kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2014 at 21:18

So yes, he got back at stupid O'Clock, but still felt the need to wake me up with you know...

Let's just call it 'genuine affection'.

kittenkat    pirate
11/05/2014 at 16:04

AND DONE!

The last of our aquathlon series took place today. I've had a few meltdowns on the journey this year, but that shows i'm passionate about it right? Lovely to see everyone have a good race at the University today. I just have to do all the return paperwork to the BTF and then take a well deserved break.

We have our sprint tri next weekend and helping with the set up on the Sat and marshalling the bike mount next Sunday, but just helping, not responsible!

Thing 2 didn't want to come today so I let Thing 1 bring a friend. They had a whale of a time, did the results running, tea and coffee run to lane counters/marshalls and then had a free hour swim in the open air pool whilst we saw the last runners in and compiled results.

Result is that Mum is pretty cool.

kittenkat    pirate
11/05/2014 at 16:12

And I took them both to KFC on the way home.

Mum wins the very cool category too.

Mum didn't win the super cool cat as she said that Thing 1 friend couldn't then spend the rest of the afternoon at our house. There is a point when you have to appreciate a good thing and quit whilst you're ahead.

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2014 at 19:02

Wello, BT fucked up big time with our phone line/broadband etc on Wed so have been offline. We are in a rural area and D away so I played that card about communication. But in essence I actually embraced it, the girls bemoaned the lack of 'Instagram' and 'snapchat', but I just told them to talk to their mother instead. And truth be known, we've had a lovely couple of days without it. Everyone who really needs to get in touch has my mobile.

Sitting in the garden in the evening shooting the breeze with the neighbours is what we should all do (and how I've spent my time). Unless you have shit neighbours of course. I have delightful ones!

Weekend of triathlon coming up, helping to set up tomorrow morning as I have all the stopwatches, banners, marshall bibs etc from the aquathlon series. Then Church fete and BBQ at D's sister's.

Sun, on bike mount point marshalling, early start.

Achillies still dodgy and too busy giving my time to every other fucker (Disclaimer: Wouldn't do it if I didn't get a buzz from it) to look at my own training.

But I need to turn some serious thought to it if I want to still compete.

Cole has a cracked pad, the hamster is fucking fat. D has just done something amazing re work, but I can't talk about that online.

As you were.

Edited: 16/05/2014 at 19:03
kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2014 at 16:44

Job well done. Really good feedback from the tri today, all the stress of organisation and 'swan on the surface, but paddling like shit underneath' is worth it when it comes together. I don't organise the tri, I do the aquathlon series. However I am on the sub committee with planning and help out throughout the weekend.

We are all volunteers because we are a club and not a private company. All the money gets pumped back into the club to subsidese coaching and make the sport accesible to all. We also keep race entry costs as low as possible, again for accessibility.

And I also feel the need to say that obviously this is just me shooting the breeze with my own thoughts and not representative of anyone except me. AND Cole, he agrees with me after much taking in of facts and rumination.

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2014 at 16:45

And we do it much better than some of the commercial companies!

kittenkat    pirate
20/05/2014 at 18:32

Being first on scene in two instances within two weeks which needed 999 and an ambulance, I don't know why we teach all sorts of 'life skills' in schools (I use that term rather loosely),yet we don't insist that everyone is taught basic First Aid.

It's also (on the flip side of the coin) why our very stretched Emergency services are misused for non emergencies.

I did manage to test my grumbling achillies tonight with the first run for a while. Thing 1 (12yrs) joined me for the first 3/4 of a mile, she then peels off and goes back across the farm home. I added another 5 miles.

Wasn't feeling it at all until the last couple of miles where I did manage to get a bit of speed back.

kittenkat    pirate
22/05/2014 at 18:46

Devon County Show me lovers!

£3000 for a pitch for a chip van apparently. Not that I've got a chip van.

kittenkat    pirate
24/05/2014 at 15:40

AND... It's cancelled!

But moving on swiftly.

D has gone to work today, we've done nothing other than spend too much money on crap in the supermarket and watch DVDs. I'll even admit to taking the girls to McDonalds for a drive through at 11.30 for lunch.

However Thing 1 has asked if she can go for a run with Cole tomorrow, properly on his running harness (for those of you that have seen Bolt, when Cole gets that harness on, he's Bolt through and through). He thinks running is his job.

Thing 1 knows this so has asked if I will go with her. I will, and she can run him and I'll take over when she peels back to the farm and take him on a longer route.

kittenkat    pirate
25/05/2014 at 14:20

Update on the achilles. So we (me, Thing 1 and Thing 3  - the quadrupedal one) set off. It was much slower than I would start as Thing 1 was dictating the pace, but achilles was instantly ouchey. I said that I might just stick with thing when she peeled back down the track to the farm. BUT, 1/2 mile later it seemed to have loosened up so I took Cole for our 5ish mile route.

Not perfect but I think my strategy is to take it easy and then just go balls out in my next race. I know, I know, I know that might not be sensible but it gets better as the run goes on, so I'm not being completely stupid.

kittenkat    pirate
26/05/2014 at 16:34

This is the only day of half term that we're all off together, we're doing the usual and juggling the children in the school holidays. But to this end D and I declared that this was a day where we were going to do something AS A FAMILY. Thing 1 skulked a bit as she was angling on meeting a friend this afternoon. But she actually still likes us enough that she conceded (won't last long).

So we walked up through the farm and to the forest cafe. Cole made friends with a baby tiny little rabbit sized dog and Thing 1 found it quite hysterical when i had a meltdown walking up through the cows. YES WE DO LIVE ON A FARM, BUT I HATE WALKING THROUGH THE COWS. I actually lost my cool when my delightful family voted me down on walking back through the lanes or over the fields.

Thing 2 squeezed me hand and whispered, "Actually Mum, I don't like cows that much either". Thing 1 just laughed and said that if the cows were going to trample anyone to death, it should be Mum as that would be so ironic (She's flexing her growing lexicon at my expense).

I then had a really frustrating conversation with D, because he did try to reassure me that if they did charge, he would protect us and throw himself under the bus, to which I answered that I would too because I wouldn't react any other way than to protect my children. Like I had a choice!

Meanwhile the cows just gazed at us from a healthy distance.

But they could charge!

Edited: 26/05/2014 at 16:57
kittenkat    pirate
28/05/2014 at 17:49

Ok, so I FORCED D to find Holland and Barrett and buy me some Magnesium Oil. I'm skeptical but we will see if it helps my achilles at all.

It was recommended by a Level 3 coach so... We will see.

29/05/2014 at 07:56

http://leunig.com.au/plugins/content/sige/plugin_sige/showthumb.php?img=/images/cartoons/worn-and-shabby.jpg&width=130&height=125&quality=80&ratio=1&crop=0&crop_factor=50&thumbdetail=0

56,001 to 56,020 of 56,022 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.