Is your cat making you crazy?

7 messages
10/02/2012 at 16:59
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/print/1969/12/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/

Bizarre behavious, Schizophrenia, car accidents, suicide...... maybe it's all down to the cats!

10/02/2012 at 17:03
10/02/2012 at 17:12
That is really very, very interesting
10/02/2012 at 17:16

I thought it was interesting.

My intitial reaction was the whole thing is crazy, though there are some compelling research findings in there.

seren nos    pirate
10/02/2012 at 17:18
so it's my cats fault taht I had a bad run last week......
10/02/2012 at 17:26

My initial reaction was 'Finally someone has done the research!'

I've got a long-standing interest in infectious diseases and have studied various pathogens over the years. It never made sense to me that the human brain would be completely immune to the effects of some parasites seen in smaller-brained animals.

I've printed the article to read again

10/02/2012 at 17:27
I remember hearing about this a few years ago and thinking that it was possible, but I wasn't sure that it was plausible.  I mean how many people come into contact with cat urine and don't wash their hands afterwards?  But this article is more indepth and potentially believable

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.