It doesnt take much to set Fetch off does it?

141 to 154 of 154 messages
10/05/2013 at 08:41

Can anyone join the fb group?  If so, which one is it?

seren nos    pirate
10/05/2013 at 08:53

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142184569183376/

I believe just about anyone can join.....( just don't ignore anyone) you will have to wait until KK or her dog..( the only two admins) grant you permission .....haven't seen the dog on their for a long time....haven't seen KK for a while.but if you are quick there will be some baby piccies going on shortly 

10/05/2013 at 09:04

OK - thanks Seren.  I've clicked the button to request access, and I'll await patiently until KK or her dog grant me the access.

10/05/2013 at 09:19
Flo Po wrote (see)

SuperCaz

You can turn the FB thing off so it doesn't post!

Indeed. I don't think I would use the training log if it told all my "friends" every time I went for another Wednesday evening 6 mile jog.  I'm trying to avoid being too much of a running bore as it is!

Also, what is it with "fetch people" this and "RW folk" that?  Learner plates for newbies?!  I know that cliques will develop on any forum as people get to know each other, but this idea of a collective of people all acting in the same way, and certain individuals feeling they can speak on behalf of said groups is all a bit weird isn't it?  I quite enjoy a bit of banter (to a point) in Clubhouse, but equally there are running related threads that I contribute to, many of whose contributors never step away from such discussions, who would probably find this thread somewhat baffling.  A number of them, like me, probably use the training log on fetch but never look at the forum.

10/05/2013 at 09:22

Actually, if it's a Wednesday evening it's more likely to be my standard 7.1 mile route via Woolwich Common.

#fascinating

10/05/2013 at 09:40
Big_G wrote (see)

Can anyone join the fb group?  If so, which one is it?

I think I've added you (had to do it on my phone which is fiddly, as I never open FB in work)

10/05/2013 at 11:50
Flo Po wrote (see)

SuperCaz

You can turn the FB thing off so it doesn't post!

In fact you don't need to turn it on in the first place!  Or the Twitter one

10/05/2013 at 11:57

Phil - to clarify - the 'post this run to FB/Twitter' feature is something that people have to enable, rather than opt out of. It's one of many features that users have asked for over the years, and not to everyones taste, hence the optionalness.

As for groups and cliques and whatnot - I'm not sure where (or indeed whether) it's been said that Fetchies act the same way - they certainly don't. We have all sorts, just like anywhere else.

Give the training log a go if you like - and you're absolutely right - Fetch has a forum, but there are a shedload of people who just use the log / race finder stuff.

Take care,

Fetch / Ian

10/05/2013 at 12:00

Ian - are you on some kind of recruitment drive? 

10/05/2013 at 12:12

Hi Ian, no worries. The first part of my post was a bit vague.  I use the training log religiously, and was just agreeing with the point that this needn't be something that gets uploaded to fb as well, but I do understand that this is an opt-in feature rather than opt-out.

10/05/2013 at 12:39

6 new people to the FB group, all very welcome.

10/05/2013 at 15:22

To be honest, the FB thing started up about the time that I lost motivation with exercise. It was the final thing that turned me away from Fetch but to be honest I would have stopped logging my training anyway as I wasn't really doing any.

I'm not aware I ever turned the feature on and at the time I couldn't find an off button.  I guess I wasn't looking hard enough.  I might take another look if I ever get back into running

11/05/2013 at 01:11
fetcheveryone wrote (see)

Phil - to clarify - the 'post this run to FB/Twitter' feature is something that people have to enable, rather than opt out of. It's one of many features that users have asked for over the years, and not to everyones taste, hence the optionalness.

As for groups and cliques and whatnot - I'm not sure where (or indeed whether) it's been said that Fetchies act the same way - they certainly don't. We have all sorts, just like anywhere else.

Give the training log a go if you like - and you're absolutely right - Fetch has a forum, but there are a shedload of people who just use the log / race finder stuff.

Take care,

Fetch / Ian

I love sharing my training to facebook- its the highlight of my day annoying some of my lazy arsed facebook friends ! - although most facebook friends are also Fetchies!

(I tend to come to RW when there has been a drama just to see what its all about) I dont understand the divide between RW and Fetch- Its like my town has 2 senior schools and they have always been rivals even now that they have merged and have the same Principle/Head Master

I joined Fetch 1st and so I know how it works and the ins and outs so I use it all the time- Im sure had I joined RW 1st then the same would apply

PSC    pirate
11/05/2013 at 06:17
kittenkat wrote (see)
PSC wrote (see)

Stop feeding the Troll. 

You reckon he could run faster if he lost a bit of weight?

LOL.. No, I don't!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 154 of 154 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.