It's Official That Bromley Is One Of The Best Place To Live In The UK

And Croydon Is The Second Worst Place To In The UK

19 messages
26/10/2013 at 20:27

Bedford is the worst place - ouch!  Also were  Stoke on Trent and Merseyside were not great places to live.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Survey-says-Croydon-second-worst-place-live-UK/story-18532619-detail/story.html

People who live in Brighton suffers with a lot of anxiety.

Happiest places in Britain

Fermanagh, Northern Ireland

Moyle, Northern Ireland

Hart, Hampshire, England

Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Limavady, Northern Ireland

Orkney Islands, Scotland

Banbridge, Northern Ireland

Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland

Eilean Siar, Scotland

Down, Northern Ireland

East Devon, England

26/10/2013 at 20:40

Welcome back karen

26/10/2013 at 20:41
And who cares ?
26/10/2013 at 20:46

Forumites where do you live is it good or a bad place??

People of Bedford and Croydon is it really that bad and  what makes your place the  worst place to live in the UK?

26/10/2013 at 20:49

Q: what do all those places on the list above have in common?

A: they are a long way from Karen -  most of them across the Irish Sea - no wonder they're happy over there!

26/10/2013 at 20:54
I'm very happy where I live, and I really don't care what some survey says
26/10/2013 at 20:55

Love my place

26/10/2013 at 20:56
I live in a nice town. It's so nice it's boring, but boring can be good.
27/10/2013 at 01:44

No one asked my opinion. Mind you, where I live is not so great but I'm sure there's much worse. I've been to Croydon a few times and can't say I liked it. Richmond (Surrey) is very nice but probably Hampton would be my choice of somewhere to live - just need to find half to three quarters of a million extra to make it possible...

Edit - having just checked out Rightmove, make that an extra 1-1.5 million. I have expensive tastes!

Edited: 27/10/2013 at 01:04
27/10/2013 at 06:06

I  took one look at that thread title and had a guess at who started it.

Correct!

05/11/2013 at 15:55

As somebody who comes from Croydon but now lives in Luton and visits Bedford a lot, I think this means I should throw myself off a ledge.  Then again I could move to Northern Ireland ! Well I know things have improved a lot in recent years but you should haev a damn site mroe anxiety living there than Brighton.  Although as a Palace supporter from Croydon I don't really have anything good to say about Brighton

05/11/2013 at 16:32

Going by the some of the places on the list happiness can be created by a good supply of recreational drugs.

06/12/2013 at 14:05

This is what the locals said about Eltham

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/eltham/greater-london/london-and-inside-m25/info/worstthings

Jeepers!  Who lives there???

06/12/2013 at 14:08

Traffic management and policing.  Greenwich council and the police turn a blind eye to speeding drivers, rat races through recidential streets, yobs riding motorbikes in parks etc.  No wonder someone has died in an accident in almost every corner and everybody knows someone who has been ran over.           

• they are moving all the scum from kidbrook in, i think we are now twined with abbey wood or so you would think when you are walking up the high street, I thought they were trying to improve the south east so much for that, put all the scum and the pikies on a boat and send them out to sea,  
  • It is a redneck coven. Unless you are an uneducated useless racist who still wears a baseball cap in his thirties you will be persecuted by the town and the police will egg them on. When people say the Eltham police are racist they dont mind they actually just laugh. If you are anything but a bigoted thick sheep who looks like Phil Mitchell or you have any artistic, creative or differences to your look you will be persecuted by the coven. And if you ever wear a t-shirt that says "Sisters of Mercy" you can expect a brutal death. This is a place where either you are in the coven or you are wise to sell up and get the hell out. When people say it isn't what it used to be they are probably talking about what it was like in queen Victoria's reign.   
  • The High Street itself. It's just a complete dump. I could poo, build a terrace of shops on it, and have more people come to that!  
  • people who keep harping on how bad it is.   
  • Inbed People who frequent the High Street Idiot's in Burberry cloth caps,T-shirts,tops The utter desperation you feel while there. Eltham Station: designed so you get run over by a bus. The idiots who all look the same in their Nike Trainers, tracksuits and hats.  
  • Pizza Hut in the High Street, Phone them up for a delivery and be told that they don't have any dough to make Pizza's. Yeah right, more like the fat bloke on the bike is too lazy to get up.  
  • The shopping centre has gone down since the good old days of Caters supermarket & the Roy Hayes Bookshop.  
  • The above submission displays remarkable ignorance of the true issues underlying social tensions. If we define racism as prejudcie towards those of a different colur/race/creed from ourselves then we must examine every sub-culture in Brirish society. It is unrealistic to expect every memeber of society to accept, understand, appreciate and tolerate every facet of every culture that exists. Everyone has prejudices, mainly stemming from ignorance of cultural values. Hindu's and Muslims are ancient rivals, Africans and Carribeans don't tend to mix and the Scots woudl never cheer the English at football. It is very easy to look at the Stephen Lawrence case as proof of Eltham as a racist area. However, what has never been examined are the circumstances that gave rise to the killing. I do not condone such acts of seneless violence, whatever their cause, but I would like to know exactly what prompted the killers to attack. After all, simply because the accused were white and the victim black, does NOT automatically make it a racist attack. Is every violent attack against those from a different culture rcaially motivated? Or does this only apply when the victim is from a minority? We need to be more sophisticated in our thinking and accept the differences between each other instead of trying to pretend they don't exist. The commission for racial equality continually highlights the problems of a mixed society without ever providing a solution.  It is sufficient to say that whatever the truth about Stephen Lawrence, he didn't derserve to die
06/12/2013 at 14:19

Total waste of a post Karen - no-one is gong to read all that.

Also I'm pretty sure no-one cares what the locals think about Eltham.

06/12/2013 at 14:32

I'm fairly interested in knowing what the locals think about Eltham since it's a couple of miles from where I live (and I jog through it to get to one of my local parkruns!) but Karen's blundering cut-and-paste job is even more confusing than usual, and I'm wondering what point she's trying to get across, if indeed she's got one.  Not that I'm expecting clarification on that any time soon, but I'm an easy-going kind of chap so an emoticon with a Christmas hat on and eyes looking up will do.

06/12/2013 at 14:35

Ah but which one?

07/12/2013 at 00:31

I want to know who signed the papers to release her back into the community.

11/12/2013 at 01:43

jeepers indeed. 

Edited: 11/12/2013 at 01:43

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
19 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.