I've never had a kebab

21 to 29 of 29 messages
18/07/2012 at 13:46

Bookie, I think the definition of a kebab is something which has been grilled on a stick, be it meat, fish, vegetables.

I've not had a doner kebab since about 1990. 

Quite often make lamb or chicken kebabs at home, putting small onions, mushrooms, chunks of pepper, between the pieces of meat.

18/07/2012 at 14:54
If there is something off putting about kebabs it is dodgy shops with questionable hygeine and questionable food products. I would go for a trusted eatery or make it yourself.
18/07/2012 at 16:51
As usual my beskirted emerald chum hits the nail on the head, a clean kebaberie is a good kebaberie.

If you like Sarah I will bring you one over from the Caspian, just ping it,be fine.
18/07/2012 at 17:02

Right, before the month is out I will endeavour to have a kebab. Not one of those compacted monstrosities that revolve and drip with fat and are shaved at regular intervals (who shaves their food?!), but a skewered meat/veg type construction.

A Caspian kebab sounds intriguing!

18/07/2012 at 17:20
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

(who shaves their food?!),

I had quite a hairy raw carrot today.

18/07/2012 at 17:30

Shaving vs. peeling. Hmm...

seren nos    pirate
18/07/2012 at 17:52

i love themmmmmmixed meat ones..............i daren't ask whaty meat but with coleslaw and salad and garlic and BBQ sauce mixed and maybe a bit of chilli sauce on the side with chips............................and a few beers................brillaint 

20/07/2012 at 10:29

I wouldn't trust a large slab of meat going round and round when I don't know how long it's been there, whether it's been repeatedly heated and cooled, flies landing on it, etc. You're asking to get food poisoning.

Down and Out in Paris and London was enough to put me off strangers preparing food for me in dubious establishments. Avoid if possible.

20/07/2012 at 10:35

Hmmmm kebab.... that might happen for dinner.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.