jon snow

21 to 28 of 28 messages
23/11/2012 at 16:33

seren - I have given up hoping for or expecting respect from drivers or pedestrians or anyone else.

This is simply question of self preservation. The highway code as it stands places me greatly at risk. in my opinion.

23/11/2012 at 17:28

right, i'm off to take my life in my hands on the cycle home. No doubt to be overtaken in the dark (and rain? i can't tell) by impatient black cab drivers, bus drivers and white van drivers, giving me a generous 2 inches clearance as they do, or better still, overtaking then pulling right into the kerb and throwing out the anchors. cheers lads.

23/11/2012 at 19:36

Dude - as a pedestrian why should I give you respect?  Be aware of you, avoid you -yes, but respect no until you show an equal measure to me.

23/11/2012 at 20:49

bear - i didn't say you should. or I didn't mean to. sorry it was a reference to a previous posting and not a demand/expectation.

i try to show respect to all pedestrians by giving them the right of way at all times. but I do not expect anything in return.

23/11/2012 at 20:50

going through red lights implies no disrespect to pedestrians. or at least i do not intend it to.

23/11/2012 at 20:55

I'm afraid jumping red lights shows no respect for pedestrians who might be crossing. Road users should obey the rules of the road. Very simple.

23/11/2012 at 21:01

I don't jump them if there is a pedestrian crossing, or at the crossing, or near the crossing, or visible.

23/11/2012 at 21:02

if all road users should obey the rules of the road, then why do pedestrians not only cross when there is a green man?

they don't. they cross when they feel it is safe to do so. i follow that example.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.