Jonathon ross and Russell brand

81 to 93 of 93 messages
30/10/2008 at 20:27

Latest:

Ross; suspended for 12 weeks without pay....Fuck it's like being a pro fotballer

31/10/2008 at 09:39

Its rather funny that a thread about the outrage over this has produced so much swearing itself...
cougie    pirate
31/10/2008 at 10:09
Quite true Waaps.

Saw a classic on the 'Sun' noticeboard this week (I just followed a link - honest).

'Brand and Ross are crude - they should be sacked. The ar$eh*les'

Sezz - I really dont think you can say that if just one person complained - then theres a problem. I bet theres not one programme each week that wouldnt get some nutter complaining. I really dont give a damn about any soaps or all of that reality tv crap - so I just dont watch it. If others want to - then its up to them. I'm not censoring them - so why should they be able to do it to me.

The Ross ban is OTT and more a reflection of what people think about his salary. They've taken the repeat of Film 2008 off on Saturday. Who does that help ? Is Ross punished somehow ? A complete over reaction and we'll end up with bland playing safe entertainment.

Brand was on his Ponderland show on C4 last night - yeah rude - but funny.

31/10/2008 at 10:21

Yeah, he IS funny ... but I dont think that makes any difference.

If I phoned someone up, on a work phone in work time, and left an abusive message, I'd get sacked.
And if everyone standing around though it was hilarious, that wouldn't get me out of it. Actually it'd probably make it worse.  I don't think he should be sacked for being unfunny, because he isn't; nor for offending the listeners, because he didn't. I think he (Ross) should be sacked for making abusive phone calls. Isn't that, in fact, illegal?

cougie    pirate
31/10/2008 at 10:50
Was it that abusive ? What he said was true.

He's employed to entertain - in his 'near the knuckle' style - both Brand and Ross. They will both go over the top sometimes - all comedians do. This should have been edited out - but it wasnt.

If we want comedy like this - we've got to realise that it will step over the boundary occasionally - and be grown up enoughto accept the apologies. Havent we all said something off the cuff that we regretted later ? What Ross said sounded just like that to me - it didnt seem to be a rehearsed routine.

Please god dont let Mark Lamarr cover for him on R2.
31/10/2008 at 10:56

They deserved a penalty, partly for what they did but more for bringing their employer into disrepute. They provided ammunition for the Beeb's many enemies (like the Daily Mail and Murdoch empire) at an already sensitive time for the corporation. That was the real offence. They should have known better, as should have the supervising editors.

I work for the Beeb, in the news rather than entertainment part. I can say with hand on heart that the Beeb's own extensive news coverage of the affair is in no way related to Woss's assertion a while back, at a time of cutbacks in the news department, that he was worth 1,000 news journalists. No siree, not a bit of it.

cougie    pirate
31/10/2008 at 11:02
He was joking though.

What about all the staff on Film 2008 etc - whats happening to them ? Must be a royal pain in the ass to so many people.
31/10/2008 at 11:05
Yes, he was joking, but a lot of guys who feared for their jobs at the time didn't see the funny side. But no schadenfreude here!
31/10/2008 at 11:10

There's many a true word spoken in jest.

he has got high on his own supply so I for one would be glad to see him banished back to Baltimore.

31/10/2008 at 13:35

JR steps down from hosting the comedy awards? 

31/10/2008 at 14:33

I wish Gary Megson would ring somebody and make smutty comments so that Bolton could get rid of him.

02/11/2008 at 22:47
lol
05/11/2008 at 22:03

Russell & Ross : What The F**k Was That About? on FIVE Now 

If anyone still cares  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 93 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.