Just how many dead wealthy Africans are there??

email scam...

8 messages
Dark Vader    pirate
26/05/2006 at 21:35
why oh why oh why (in true Radio 2 style) do people, apparently from Africa, keep emailing me claiming to have inherited a zillion pounds but they need my help.. oh, and will I give them my bank account details and I'll get 10%..

errm.. let me think about that.....???

do these scammers ever get any replies??

blimey wimey...

26/05/2006 at 21:39
lots
28/05/2006 at 09:58
Take a look at <a href="http://www.419eater.com/">419eater</a> - entertaining site where people have scammed the scammers ..
28/05/2006 at 09:58
erm.. links not working?? It's

www.419eater.com
28/05/2006 at 11:40
Not all of them are scams....

...I have just inherited £10 squillion from my tax exile great, great uncles, nephews, next door neighbour. I desperately need to smuggle this money out of the country so that the evil dictator Anthony B-LIAR doesn't get his hands on it. If you send me your bank details I will transfer all the money out, erm, I mean in to your account and let you keep half - honest!
Dark Vader    pirate
28/05/2006 at 11:49
Blimey Gordon!! You are a saint!! I'm emailing you my bank details, credit card info, PIN numbers and code to my burglar alarm right now!!!!!

I know I can trust you.. you told me so, right??

Wow..

I'm going to be rich!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))

28/05/2006 at 13:31
I got one of these from Equatorial Guinea once. Could I help transfer gazillions of dollars out of the country.

It was signed by some bloke calling himself Sir Mark Thatcher.
Dark Vader    pirate
29/05/2006 at 22:30
I had a look at 419 site.. some people take it all very seriously...! :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.