Ladies, a personal question.

281 to 285 of 285 messages
kittenkat    pirate
08/02/2012 at 10:42
Great news GFB
kittenkat    pirate
08/02/2012 at 10:47
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
Hi everyone. I'm hoping this is the right place to ask for advice. I have had trouble with very heavy, long periods since I started really. I can bleed for 10 days at a time then start again 10 days later. It's all down to a blood problem, not pcos or endometriosis. I'm on my 3rd mirena. 1st one made the problem worse, 2nd was taken out so i could get pregnant (+ve test 5 weeks later!). This one is not helping with the bleeding. GP wants it out and thinks now is the time for a hysterectomy. Last consultant I saw looked at my history and joked he wasn't sure they had enough insurance to cover the big op. OH is refusing to talk about it cos I only just survived my last pregnancy. I'm 28 with 2 children and, although taking up running has helped, I don't think I could face another 25 years of this. Any thoughts?
Sorry to hear that, maybe try another consultant?
gingerfurball    pirate
08/02/2013 at 10:45

Just thought I'd BOING this - I know I sort of hogged this thread a bit but - one year on from the ablation surgery and absolutely no period since...best decision I've ever made....if anyone is still suffering - go see the doc!!

08/02/2013 at 11:18

thermal ablation can help with heavy bleeding

don't put up with any symptom that affects your life in  such away it interferes with daily living, thats just miserable, seek help and advice until you get realistic results  xx

- i got sterilised at 25 after 2 children, i won't share my complicated gynae history , but i am better on no synthetic hormones - as these caused huge mood disorders, and my cycle is manageable and improved, i am 32 now though , some ladies find age improves cycles, and the heaviness decreases as you get older 

i find running helps, , long runs best avoided on days 1 and 2 or could get a bit messy  - TMI boys  

08/02/2013 at 12:43

Reading some of these posts I feel blessed............suffered badly when I was younger with really heavy days, no energy etc etc but being on depo provera has sorted all that out.  The only bad thing is I've put loads of weight on and it's difficult to shift, but considering what some of you have to deal with, I cannot complain at all. 

Think my other half would say that I get very moody at the time when I should be having a period (depo stops them), but other than that and the extra weight, no issues and certainly doesn't affect my running. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
281 to 285 of 285 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.