Last one out ...

41 to 48 of 48 messages
09/06/2012 at 15:29

can you only ignore 20 users?

I'm almost full up then

09/06/2012 at 18:49

The spam is getting in here as well. The last sanctuary.

OW
10/06/2012 at 08:13

Chris on 'site stuff' says the forum is fixed 

Wonder if he posted on the wrong forum

OW
10/06/2012 at 08:28

OW - That thread is from years ago. I bumped it  because Chris is now the Chief Technology Officer of the company the 'tech team' works for. However, I'm sure that  Hearst  must also take some blame for this too.

OW
10/06/2012 at 10:00

I've had a couple of replies from advertisers. I'm not copying them here because they do not expect/deserve that.  Sympathetic to us, is how I would describe it. Suspect the others will be opened up on Monday with a WFT!!!!! reaction 

OW
10/06/2012 at 11:08

This is a free website and we pay nothing so have limited rights to complain. That said, on a free website we're the product and the bait for advertisers. If I was paying to access the many people who use the site but don't use the magazine I'd be asking where my money was going and why the tech support are sleeping on the job. Moderation only in office hours is not good enough.

So OW is on the right track imho.

10/06/2012 at 12:39

I think going to advertisers is disproportionate.

I've had immense value from the RW forums. Mostly that value has come from informed posts of experienced/intelligent posters rather than from RW content. But without the forum I would never have got advice from experienced and knowledgeable runners, cyclists, swimmers, physios, doctors, excel experts, mountaineers, and even, on occasion, human beings.

I dip in and out of the forum but pretty much over ten years the forum has been up, accessible and usable within seconds. There is a widespread problem now with spam which isn't unique to RW. To target RW revenue because of the loss of a free resource for a relatively short space of time compared to the life of the forum is disproportionate.

Edited: 10/06/2012 at 12:40
10/06/2012 at 12:50
Muttley wrote (see)

This is a free website and we pay nothing so have limited rights to complain. That said, on a free website we're the product and the bait for advertisers. If I was paying to access the many people who use the site but don't use the magazine I'd be asking where my money was going and why the tech support are sleeping on the job. Moderation only in office hours is not good enough.

So OW is on the right track imho.

It's something they should definitely look at, as there's been some nasty trolls on here before, spewing some allegations, and they just sit on here over the weekend sometimes....there should be an ability to take these down immediately.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.