Latest PB....

...horah for me, sniff.

5 messages
16/09/2002 at 12:44
Well done Tim! Have a day off ironing as a reward.

I'm sure Carol didn't mind the heavy breathing - it probably kept her running at such a good pace!
16/09/2002 at 12:47
Jolly good young man.
16/09/2002 at 14:05
Ah, well done again. Didn't see this report first time.

Your wife's "finished with the real runners" comment reminds me of the worst observation I've ever overheard - around mile 8-9 in last year's Nottingham 1/2 as I stormed past in top form: "oh look, here come the stragglers". Not meant as a nasty heckle, just an observation from a mother to her a child, but ooooohhh it cut deep.

Neil
16/09/2002 at 14:20
Tim,

Brighton 10k was presented to wife and sold perfectly - a textbook delivery: Saturday morning, cup of tea delivered to bedroom on a tray with chocolate biscuits, jaffa cakes, drinks for the children etc, followed by a nonchalant "I was wondering...here's an idea...Brighton...only 10k....nice day out...babyboy could see the sea for the first time...".

Like I said, perfect. I'll be there. RW should do a feature on "how to sell a race to your partner". It's an art. I started to "presell" the spring marathon last night.

Will you be translating the film of your storming Hove performance into some sort of MPEG, AVI format for posting to the web?

Finally, you cannot smash your target time AND not feel a bit knackered the next day. That would be toooo much.

Neil
16/09/2002 at 14:38
Tim

Based on your Hove time, I think the only way we'll be sauntering around together is if you give me a shoulder carry.

Regarding FLM alternatives, have you got any ideas?

Neil

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.