Liverpool/Merseyside/Cheshire URWFRC

well, loads of other areas have one

43,001 to 43,020 of 43,383 messages
IronM.in    pirate
15/03/2012 at 09:33

HI chaps.

The water will still be cold - it needs a couple of months of sun to warm up, I think.

Hope you are all okay - I'm just too busy to keep up with everyything at the mo, so please bear with me!

Ironholgs    pirate
15/03/2012 at 09:36

Hi,

Photo of you Min in this months Triathlon Plus, Ironman supplement, officiating at IMUK.

Hope you are well pet.

IronM.in    pirate
15/03/2012 at 09:44
Really?? LOL! Now that one won't be a good photo!  Don't think I noticed it either, cos I do get TP! Can you keep hold of it for me - I may have thrown the supplement away without looking at it.
Ironholgs    pirate
15/03/2012 at 09:48
Yeah no problem - it's a group shot at the side of the resovoir, you are crouched down at the front.
IronM.in    pirate
15/03/2012 at 10:31
I'd got dressed in the dark.... That's my defense!
18/03/2012 at 08:29

All week and you haven't filled a page !!!

Great weeks training, Wednesday has to be the monster day.

Our apartment to Vilaflour.  A nice easy 13.4 limes. Oh yeah our apartment at 13 ft above sea level, Vilafour some 3860 ft above sea level.....  Sort of straight up for 13 miles.. I'm going somewhere flat next year, Like Snowdonia

Ironholgs    pirate
19/03/2012 at 08:34
Sounds like you had fun Dave, welcome back.
20/03/2012 at 08:21

Morning peeps

Walked straight back into a major bid, So didn't leave the orifice til gone 6.. Such is life

Our engineering director has been reading "the book" and he did the Liverpool half on Sunday, He has just asked if the blonde in the Pirate top was Mrs Holgs..................   I did tell him not to be stupid (Think it was Liver gob)

Just got my entry list for Sunday, and noticed young Viking is taking part

Ironholgs    pirate
20/03/2012 at 08:37

Morning

Good luck with the bid.

Mrs Holgs and half marathons don't mix

Yeah he told me last week when he was up at ours, he'll need to try and remember how to ride his bike!

I'm doing the 75 mile kendal sportive on Sunday, discovered after I'd entered that it actually has more climbing in it than Le Terrier......it's going to hurt.

20/03/2012 at 08:51

How did the Jodrell Bank sportif go ?

I did think about you (I was laid by the pool with a beer just at the time I did)

I did tell Graeme that the day Mrs Holg's does a half marathon, is the day Widnes win anything

Ironholgs    pirate
20/03/2012 at 08:57

Felt really strong at Jodrell, unfortunately hit a deep pot hole on a descent at 20 miles and blew a rear wheel spoke out. Andy H managed to gaffer tape them up but as the ride went on the wheel started to lose stability and I could feel and hear the screach of the tire on my frame.

For safetys sake we turned off and at the final split and ended up doing 60 miles. I was frightened of crashing and breaking myself.

Bike is fixed now, and gave it a good testing on Saturday morning with a 5 hr ride and almost 4000ft of climbing in the Trough, followed up by a 2 hr run.

20/03/2012 at 09:02

Bit of a shame...

That is the one thing with th eroads on Tenerife, Because the temperature doesn't vary they seldom get frost damage.

You can scream downhill, knowing that there wont be pot holes and cracks everywhere, Not like Cheshire !

Although I did manage to fall off, but I was going up hill at the time 

Ironholgs    pirate
20/03/2012 at 09:07

Yeah others have said the road surfaces in Lanza will be good.

How come you fell off? Just the gradient?

20/03/2012 at 09:13

No patch of gravel as I turned in on a hairpin and the front wheel washed out, just scraped my knee and another chunk out of my track mitt.

I'll try and get the blog written up and include some of the downloads from my gps...

Just had a ping from our kit manager, and my new Chester Tri Suit has arrived in time for Sunday, So at least I will look the part

Ironholgs    pirate
20/03/2012 at 09:17

Glad you are alright.

Look forward to the blog.

Nice - they had some photos on their FB page, looks good. I'm waiting for my new COLT kit to arrive in time for Lanza.

20/03/2012 at 09:26
Tonights cunning plan is to try riding the Cervélo.. I haven't touched it since Bala oly last September
Ironholgs    pirate
20/03/2012 at 09:28
Am hoping to get an hour on the Roo on the turbo tonight. It's exciting when the TT bikes come out to play.
20/03/2012 at 09:31
The amount of dust on it might bring on asthma !!
Ironholgs    pirate
20/03/2012 at 09:57
ha ha
20/03/2012 at 10:58

Just noticed the Cougmiester is on the start list for Sunday

Doesn't start til 12:30, So there is a chance he will be there on time

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.