LONDON SOCIAL - Friday Jan 31st, St James Tavern Shaftesbury Ave@ 6 pm

CORRECT DATE

1 to 20 of 1,472 messages
16/01/2003 at 12:15
OI VENOM - STICK THE MAP ON, WOULD YA?
16/01/2003 at 12:55
What map?

And for anyone who doesn't think they'll be able to recognise a bunch of pissed up runners being lairy in a pub, email me, Caz or Gavo and we'll send you a mobile number you can call when you arrive. (Probably best to email Caz, as I'm sure that unemployed alky will be there at 6, whereas myself as a fine upstanding contributer to the economy probably won't arrive until 7).

venom
(fired from being acting deputy London social sec for date-related incompetence)
16/01/2003 at 12:57
My deputy I take it :)

Yep no doubt I'll there early trying to bagsy all the seats. Oh I wonder if we could reserve some tables, I'm sure I've seen them do it before when we've been there (and tried to nick the seats).
16/01/2003 at 12:59
Hi guys, thought I would dip back onto the site!

Not sure if I will be along as it is my Dad's birthday but if I am not doing that I will be along and consuming vast quantities of alcohol with you guys.

Hope you are all doing well!
16/01/2003 at 12:59
<Drum roll>

Ashley
Ben the Rat
Caz
Fany
Gareth L
Gavo
Iain
Jez
Jim the plum
Jon
Jonathan
Josie Jump
KangaWallaFox
Legless
MandyW
MatW
Northern Nut
Picketty
Snoop
Spans
SusieBee
Sweeper
Tired Legs
Venom
Waapster
Wolf with Runs

Ta-daa!
16/01/2003 at 13:04
Good work Caz, I think Simon should be about too.

Decided what you are wearing yet?

:)
16/01/2003 at 13:06
i'll think of you all whilst in a meditative non-alcoholic trance....

next social - i'll be there
16/01/2003 at 13:07
Caz,

Better put me on the list too. I've got a leaving do to go to on Friday afternoon so will no doubt be compelled to stagger down into SJT for a 'couple' before going home.

Haven't had a drink (or a ciggie) since Boxing Day so will endeavour not to make an ar$e of myself.

Toodle pip
16/01/2003 at 13:34
Hi ya Scotty!

Ashley
Ben the Rat
Caz
Fany
Gareth L
Gavo
Iain
Jez
Jim the plum
Jon
Jonathan
Josie Jump
KangaWallaFox
Legless
MandyW
MatW
Northern Nut
Picketty
Scotty H
Snoop
Spans
SusieBee
Sweeper
Tired Legs
Venom
Waapster
Wolf with Runs

Jonathan, Simon who? Is he a forumite? You're going to tell me he was at the last one and I got so drunk I can't remember, eh?
16/01/2003 at 13:35
Caz - in fact he has been at the last 2 socials...!
16/01/2003 at 13:37
In fact Caz, didn't you two disappear to the toilets for 20 minutes together at the last one....?
16/01/2003 at 13:40
Ahh, now, I missed the one before last and I think you are lying dear venom.

Unless he was absolutely gorgeous then maybe I might've :)

....tried!
16/01/2003 at 13:43
i am already in training for this, since for my job tomorrow i have to fly to frankfurt and spend friday night drinking in the city's hippest, trendiest night clubs, before flying back on saturday morning.

(assuming they will let a late 30s, unfashionably attired, out of shape saddo into these places)

on friday 31st i will be aiming for at least 3 pints by 7pm departure, looking for a pace of 20 minute pints or better.

fridays is always my speed session, on the grog
16/01/2003 at 13:46
Hmm I think I may drink pints this time, I get through too many bottles of Becks in there and they are so small they're gone in an instant.

I rest my case for being a girl drinking pints. :)
16/01/2003 at 13:51
WWR, were you at Windsor? If so, I think I met you there (unless I'm confusing you with one of the many other people with wolf related names)
16/01/2003 at 14:00
can anyone gatecrash? (he says in a pathetic Norman Nomates kind of way!)
16/01/2003 at 14:06
venom,

yes i was at windsor, tying my shoelaces whilst you guys were all sorted. i spoke briefly with you, NN, longlegs and fozzie.

all i remeber is that you were a) youngish b) male c) short black hair d) either had a big tattoo or else a radio strap on your left arm.

is that about right.

also if you arrive post 7pm - all you will see is empty glasses where i was. i have to get out of town for an 8.30 thing near beaconsfield.

so there you have it
16/01/2003 at 14:22
TwoDogs - everyone is welcome though whether or not you want to return is up to you.

Nice of Caz to remember Simon isn't it although he tends to turn up late so Caz's memory usually goes by then.

Hopefully her memory won't extend to giving me a slap tonight for that comment.
16/01/2003 at 14:29
Have you forgotten me then Caz?
16/01/2003 at 14:32
I'm going to try and make it..so I'll be looking out for a bunch of skinny, whippet like characters wearing trackies and trainers??!!
1 to 20 of 1,472 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.