Losing it with Nam and Bear

A weight loss thread for all

41 to 60 of 46,193 messages
31/12/2007 at 13:22
I am short and pear-shaped but my thighs have taken up all the slack now and the lard is spreading elsewhere!
31/12/2007 at 13:24

Yes please!

List

Aitch
Beebs
BDB
Bear
gingerfurball
Kazzaaaaah!
Maddy
Mouse
Nam
Screamapillar
Belper Bear (Call me Belper to avoid confusion)

Aitch!    pirate
31/12/2007 at 13:25
Oh dear, just done the weigh in and I'm mortified! *pulls a shocked face*

1xst 11lb - tis not good so I'm 100% in. Think I might have to go for a run this afternoon so kick start myself

gingerfurball    pirate
31/12/2007 at 13:25
Well I'm just a big girl...5' 9"...my diet will start Wednesday...I've not gained over the holidays which is a miracle! But we have a big NY/birthday party tonight so i can't start dieting today! (MrGFB is v50 today...I was his child bride ..)
Nam
31/12/2007 at 13:28

Food diary is a good idea...    I've eaten so much rubbish...  And my portion sizes...    You'd think you're feeding a 16st rugby player...    But the crux of it is I have barely moved for 7 weeks...  that's the biggest problem for me...  and my motivation is - I don't know where at the moment.

Vague winter training plan...

Monday nights:  Run (with Rio and the girls from WRN)
Tuesday nights:  RPM
Wednesday mornings:  RPM
Wednesday nights:  Run
Thursday nights:  Swim at Cardiff Tri
Fridays:  REST
Saturday mornings:  Brick-session - RPM & Run
Sunday afternoons:  Body Pump & RPM

RPM/spinning normally works a treat in kick starting my metabolism again...  It's just ideas...  not cast in stone.  Also have a friend who is a weightlifter and happy to spot me for free weights.  Once a build muscle again my metabolism works much better, which means I'll initially gain a bit but that's fine.  He also offere to do some boxing pad-work with me which usually is a killer...

Training in the morning really helps me but I'm terrible getting out of bed on time for a 6:45am class.

31/12/2007 at 13:29

Count me in please! (sorry I've messed the list up and don't know how to fix it!)  Would like to lose a stone (starting Wednesday).

List

Aitch
Beebs
BDB
Bear

Chynah
gingerfurball
Kazzaaaaah!
Maddy
Mouse
Nam
Screamapillar

Nam
31/12/2007 at 13:31

Aitch
Beebs
BDB
Bear
Chynah
Gingerfurball
Kazzaaaaah!
Maddy
Mouse
Nam
Screamapillar

31/12/2007 at 13:32

AGHHHHHH!!

85.5Kg ( thats 13.5 stones) and 40% body fat according to the particular machine I used

gingerfurball    pirate
31/12/2007 at 13:33
Hopefully my 20 week IM schedule and giving up the booze will help to see me on the downward trend!...I really need to lose this weight...i don't want to be harpooned on the starting line in Lanza!!
31/12/2007 at 13:34

Food diaries are really good.  I'm almost certainly going to re-join SW so will def be keeping a diary then

31/12/2007 at 13:34

List

Aitch
Beebs
BDB
Bear
Chynah
gingerfurball
Kazzaaaaah!
Maddy
Mouse
Nam
Screamapillar

there you go and I'm now alphabetical too!

Nam
31/12/2007 at 13:35
I have to find someone with callipers!!  I did all my measurements... waist, hips, bust, neck, arms, thights, calfs, even wrists... which is what most online body fat calculators ask for... and all gave me different results...    My last reading from my ideal weigt time was from a machine at the gym that the PTs use....  but I was told callippers is most reliable...?
31/12/2007 at 13:35
sorry Nam xpost!
Nam
31/12/2007 at 13:36
Sorry Belper...  I'm alphabetically challenged this morning... 
31/12/2007 at 13:37
Yes I think callipers are most accurate - I carry most of mine round the middle callipers mean  they can take into account the flabbier verses toned bits
31/12/2007 at 13:37
callipers is supposed to not be that reliable as you  could take it twice and get different skinfold thickness unless you're experienced at using them.
31/12/2007 at 13:39
So if an expert uses the callipers??
Aitch!    pirate
31/12/2007 at 13:40
I lost quite a bit 2 years ago and started looking more how I wanted to look then it all seemed to go to pot, not sure why but I feel so much more confident so I want to get back to that again, but jeep going which I didn't do last time.....

This is when I was I was a bit trimmer - I want to aim for this....
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/helenoscroft/30thJune2005054_2.jpg

Nam
31/12/2007 at 13:41

List... reminding herself that D generally comes before E.... 

Aitch
BDB
Bear
Beebs
Chynah
gingerfurball
Kazzaaaaah!
Maddy
Mouse
Nam
Screamapillar

31/12/2007 at 13:42

I think the water displacement thing is supposed to be more accurate Maddy, but callipers are fine if an expert does them.  Can't remember where I read it though, might have been in an Anita Bean book.

Looking good Aitch

41 to 60 of 46,193 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.