marathon events

Auckland Marathon

4 messages
11/08/2010 at 18:15
 HI  really looking forward to running Addidas Auckland Marathon any comments and advice would be appreciated by any-one who has run this one starts 6oclock in morning early start, ran brighton would highly recommend well organised and really good run.
11/08/2010 at 18:29

Hi I am back to marathon training and looking to better my last time so been running my socks of with the club I train with to improve my speed but now have dropped a gear and want to improve my endurance getting the nutrition is very important and feeling right before I run warm ups to avoid injury ok so far would be great to find some-one compatible to train with but often out there on my own. I love the marathon challenge and hope to do many more.

21/10/2010 at 02:04

Not run it myself, but will be doing so in 9 days time...

My first marathon and looking forward to it... at the moment! Not familiar with the first half of the course so drove round it last weekend and it looks fairly undulating. I think a negative split is probably my strategy ... get to the top of the bridge at 16km-ish feeling realtively decent, up the pace for the next 16km, and crack-on to the end if possible is my plan!
I run most days along the waterfront so that's familiar territory for me in the second half. It's flat, save a couple of nancy bridges, but can get annoyingly windy on some days!

15/12/2010 at 02:26
hi Olly howd u do Auckland ok I hope it was my second marathon and got pb 3.43 have done Adra half and will do pacific again butlookin for good half marathon before I do rangitoto duel marathon in march looking to get to pb of 3.30 am nearly sixty and really need some tips on everything to achieve my dream am running 1.39 want to get to 1.30 any-one out there with a potion thats legal x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.