Marriage

should it always come first?

21 to 22 of 22 messages
20/07/2012 at 22:38

Marten, possibly more accurate words, but not necessarily very romantic for the most special day of your life?

Yes, my marriage might have failed, but i'm still a soppy old romantic at heart LOL

OW - why sell it to you - it has to be something you want to buy, not something that's sold to you. If you find the right person, and you're the right person for them,  then it is for life, and you'll want to spend the rest of your life with them, through thick and thin...

Until you find that person though, well, there's nothing to sell....

21/07/2012 at 09:03

From what we have been saying it may not turn out to be the most special day of your life. Life can be very hurtful and that day might, in retrospect, turn out to be the most nightmarish day of your life. This is why I think we need to tone down the wording. Some people don't even listen to the words they are saying and some are too immature (at any age) to understand what they mean - the guy is thinking 'sex' the girl is thinking 'baby'!

OW I wish I could sell the lifetime commitment to you but I cannot. I think that in most marriages the difference between staying together and splitting up will at any time be precarious. Some communicate and get through difficult times others give up easily. On the other hand there can be a 'paper trail' of problems over time and one or other partner just does not see the point anymore. I do think that many marriages lose focus and the spouses can become indifferent to each others needs whether it be sex, compliments, romance, pleasant surprises, sharing interests etc. If it happens and that lifelong commitment comes to an end it can make you feel that you are the only person in the world to which it has happened. You need to enter marriage with your eyes wide open.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.