Maybe somebody can advise me

41 to 46 of 46 messages
12/12/2012 at 17:33

Oh yes Andy, there are indeed horrible people out there. I live in an area called socially deprived, it does not mean that there are people fighting on the streets but there are some really rough people around. I know she is horrible, she is fighting eviction at the moment. I think a part of it is with this letter is to get reaction from me, maybe she is expecting me to go round and punch her in the face, then she can claim injury. Tomorrow I am off to citizens advice thingy to find out more. At the end of the day I am innocent here and lost out big time with written off car, no payment for it, no transport, traumatised kids, pain in my neck for 3 weeks and all that hassle. They can put me through lie detector if they want, it just simply was not my fault. The only fault of mine was to be so naive thinking that because I was so obviously in the right that everything will be ok because of that. And of course valuable life lesson. I think they should teach it more at driving courses what to do and what info to take at the accident scene as I really did not know.  

12/12/2012 at 17:38
When did the car get written off ?

How come no payout if you have fully comp ?

And if you have no transport does that mean you have sent the lease car ?
12/12/2012 at 17:49

Today I spoke to the insurance people and told them to take the hire one away. Our car got written off at the garage where they said it was £2500 to fix it. I thought I wrote about this in the first post. I did not realise I did not. 2 friends have already said that with fully comp insurance we should have already received the cheque regardless of dispute but it did not arrive yet. I just don't know how it all works with them all claiming now that it was me causing the accident and in a totally different place.

12/12/2012 at 17:52
It's unlikely that you will get any payout until it has been agreed who was at fault
12/12/2012 at 17:53

I would agree that it sounds like she's trying to get a reaction from you, anything that she can add that makes you look bad in someone else's eyes furthers her cause, these sort of people know how to play the game. Citizens Advice Bureau is a very good place to go, they'll steer you in the right direction & to be honest, I cannot imagine that someone pulling out of a side road into you can say or prove you are even partly to blame. Unfortunately these things always take ages to sort out, meanwhile you have your worries about it etc & it's not a good time of year for it.

We're all hoping  for a good outcome for you!

12/12/2012 at 18:25

Your insurance company will tell you when you are going to get your cheque - different companies take differing amounts of time - hopefully yours is efficient.

You can't second guess or go back and change things.  Don't engage with this person at all - send all correspondance to your insurance company without replying.  Tell your insurance company everything you can and be prepared to go to court if you need to.  The fact that you were on the main road is a point in your favour.

The argument is actually between her insurance company and your insurance company not between you and her.  

Be prepared for her to put in a personal injury claim, it's a bonus if she doesn't. 

I deal with RTA's on a weekly basis on behalf of the haulage department of my company - and I have unfortunatley come to the conclusion that people are lying b'strds. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.