McLentil

McCynic. Your thoughts........................

1 to 20 of 36 messages
Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/09/2012 at 09:11
05/09/2012 at 09:19

Huge corporation identifying a business opportunity based on a particular demographic, where dietary habits are heavily informed by the dominant religions.

And?

05/09/2012 at 09:30
I'm sure they have their regional variations around the world. Remeber Le Royal instead of the Quartepounder due to the metric system. According to Vincent Vega anyways.
05/09/2012 at 09:38

"That's a tasty burger!"

Pethead    pirate
05/09/2012 at 10:10

It's just them adapting their worldwide brand to a local market. It's common - they sell beer in France, halal meat in the Middle East, no fish in Oriental countries and so on. Whatever they think people will buy. Can't say I'm a big fan of the meat they sell over here either! 

05/09/2012 at 11:01

Why can't Maccy D's clean up their act and sell healthy food at all of their restaurants?

05/09/2012 at 11:10

Because they're a fast food outlet and not a health food shop?

05/09/2012 at 11:13
Notts Runner wrote (see)

Why can't Maccy D's clean up their act and sell healthy food at all of their restaurants?

Because they know their market.

05/09/2012 at 11:39
Wilkie wrote (see)
Notts Runner wrote (see)

Because they know their market.

Chavs, layabouts and dole scroungers?

05/09/2012 at 11:46

If it wasn't so unhealthy I'd go in quite regularly - it's cheap and I don't mind admitting I quite like the taste of big mac and fries.   As it is I don't have a problem taking the kids in occasionally - maybe once a month at most - if we are out as a family and don't want to spend £60-£70 getting something to eat and drink.    I'm  neither a chav nor a dole scrounger - layabout - well matter of opinion !

05/09/2012 at 12:21

A MaccyD chocolate milkshake is one of my favourite hangover cures.

Innit, bro.

Edited: 05/09/2012 at 12:22
05/09/2012 at 13:06
I was recently at a service station. People were queing up at 10am at KFC!! Pretty gross I know, but looking at the menu it made me think. At least KFC are unhealthy and don't mind admitting it. Fried chips with fried chicken all thrown into a huge bucket. Now that's honest. None of this putting a bag of carrots on the side and a slice of lettuce on the burger. That's trying to make unhealthy food seem healthy.
05/09/2012 at 13:10
My mum prob shouldn't have admitted this, but my first solid food was a macdonald chip!

They are still a good hangover cure.
05/09/2012 at 13:28
But surely bag of grapes and sliced apples together with organic milk is healthy whether you buy it from waitrose or McDonalds? Im no huge maccys fan even with three young kids but surely if you are going to give them fast food like burger then teaching them or allowing them to choose healthy options on top of that cant be a bad thing? Everything in moderation I say.
05/09/2012 at 13:37

The only time I generally eat McDonalds now is if I have a hangover - given that I don't drink very much, hangovers are few and far between!  However, it does make a hangover go away so why not have the odd big mac and fries???!  Works every time!

I am not a chav, a dole scrounger or general layabout. 

05/09/2012 at 13:43
Organic milk? why organic milk? weak minded people are easily persuaded by pictures of burgers looking healthy with a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato on it. The same sort of people who have been persuaded by the marketing men that organic milk is healthier than normal milk.
05/09/2012 at 13:46
If you read my post I didn't mention a token lettuce leaf of slice of tomato.
05/09/2012 at 16:19
If you read my post I didn't say you did. What is so healthy about organic milk exactly, compared to milk that is not labelled as organic?
05/09/2012 at 16:48

I've not eaten a macburger since about 1985, and I think I'm probably the better for it.

I last had a Burger King burger in about 1996.  I did like a Whopper, now and then

05/09/2012 at 17:03
The kids look up and see a burger and a mc flurry. Easy meat for the advertisers. The adults look up and see carrot sticks and a juicy slice of tomato and a slice of lettuce. It must be healthy here think they think.

The people who shop at Waitrose are too smart for that. They will buy their veg with healthy options. Although they might fall for the organic milk.
1 to 20 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.