Meldy! Meldy! Meldy!

Oi! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeldyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

41 to 55 of 55 messages
Hope    pirate
16/06/2012 at 17:01
It bloody better be.

I'm having my Welles customised with speedplays just in case.
Edited: 16/06/2012 at 17:02
16/06/2012 at 17:29

Doesn't everyone in Wales wear wellies all the time anyway?

Profiling at it's best -

16/06/2012 at 21:06

I thought the reason they wore wellies was it was easier to put the sheeps feet in them to hold them still!!

Next 'rebuild' of the Forum, is it possible to have a 'Like' button?  

It's a better place with the Forum Mods.  Well done and keep up the good work!

16/06/2012 at 21:18

At the risk of bringing the thread back to topic, and for over bearing a point most of you disregard ........

Crash Hamster wrote (see)
B wrote (see)
Crikey, it's no big loss to the forum is it?

Yes, I think that it is. Once you start allowing forumites to acquiesce to the deletion of someone else's post because the content is 'no great loss', you might as well scrap the forum altogether; the original post was certainly not Voltaire-style important, but the principle of the deletion being the start of erosion of free speech certainly is.

I'm also not convinced that RW's instructions could have been that clear; if they'd defined 'spam' as 'something containing a link to another site, a malicious URL or similar' there would have been no prospect of Jeepers making a mistake; there was no link in the removed post.

It's the thin end of the wedge, I tell you

I was going to be crass and quote Martin Niemöller but even I think that's OTT for a running forum.

I posted the following elsewhere.  It's not a dig at Jeepers (thank you for taking a poisened chalace) but it sums up my view;

<span data-jsid="text">My opinion is clear - this is the wrong way to go.
1. RW need to sort this out themselves.
2. It's not fair on the chosen mods (would you like to go to the site and see a thread saying "Oi you, do your free, unpaid job"?)
3. People get things wrong;
a) technically
and
b) ethically.

16/06/2012 at 21:20

Taking the thread off topic again...

Prince Siegfried wrote (see)

I thought the reason they wore wellies was it was easier to put the sheeps feet in them to hold them still!!

Oh, I soooooo wanted to say that, but didn't have the guts 

17/06/2012 at 07:33
If you can caz individual posts, there's one of them on the wife carrying thread
M...eldy    pirate
17/06/2012 at 08:02

Whereabouts is it Hash?  

17/06/2012 at 08:12
Last post on there sometime after midnight. There's a link on there too, and they've posted on a couple of other threads from looking at the profile
M...eldy    pirate
17/06/2012 at 08:15

Ahh right ... already done that one Hash?

17/06/2012 at 08:20

Oh yep, just realised.  Weird, if you just look at the clubhouse page he's still there as the last poster, and if you put his name in the search engine he's still there.

I have a horrible feeling me bothering to stalk him suggests I was potty trained far too early

seren nos yn canu    pirate
17/06/2012 at 08:37

17/06/2012 at 12:20

17/06/2012 at 17:13
Hash wrote (see)

I have a horrible feeling me bothering to stalk him suggests I was potty trained far too early

Edited: 17/06/2012 at 17:15
17/06/2012 at 17:19
<div class="forum-thread-latestpost-owner">erthfg rtujdgd - seems to be posting a lot as the last poster on many threads. Just for info - i dont want to report the thread as it's not spam - just one user.
Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
I posted the following elsewhere.  It's not a dig at Jeepers (thank you for taking a poisened chalace) but it sums up my view;

My opinion is clear - this is the wrong way to go.
1. RW need to sort this out themselves.
2. It's not fair on the chosen mods (would you like to go to the site and see a thread saying "Oi you, do your free, unpaid job"?)
3. People get things wrong;
a) technically
and
b) ethically.

Agree. It's nothing against the chosen mod's - but it's against RW for putting good natured forumites into a possibly difficult position.

<div class="forum-thread-latestpost-owner"> 
17/06/2012 at 20:37

Out of the goodness of their own heart?  Public spiritedness?  To put / give something back?

Why did you help RW out KK?  What were your reasons?

Why do amateur sports coaches give of their own time to coach youngsters?  For the same reasons perhaps.  Who are we to question their motives if, in the vast majority of cases, it is for the greater good?

Perhaps the new Mods are adept on computers?  Either way I, for one, applaud their selfess act for picking up what now appears to be the poisoned chalice; if they are getting constant critisism as a result from their fellows and peers!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 55 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.