Memory foam matresses

do they live up to their hype?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
01/01/2011 at 08:18

Our old mattress, which we retired years ago is actually on SlugBoys/ the spare bed and is stillmore comfy than our current one. We went for a medium/firm rather than firm and it really has not lasted - I don't think even several layers of toppers would even out the mountain in the middle which dips down the the valleys where both of us sleep. 

We'd really like to try before we buy so it looks as if we have some trawling around to do.

01/01/2011 at 14:55
Tempur advertise that you can try for a month before you buy, but I don't know what the ramifications would be if you tried and then didn't buy.
02/01/2011 at 07:30
A Very Merry Chrism.ouse wrote (see)

It's a combination of a sprung mattress with a foam topper built in.  I have just the mattress on my own metal bedstead.

+1 for sprung mattress with foam topper.  I love my bed .

02/01/2011 at 17:54

Got a tempura one in Nov...love it ( girlfriend has back issues)

Thinking about  a topper for the campervan

02/01/2011 at 20:23

Had one for 5 years, would never go back to 'normal' one and I don't find it hot in the summer

from a technical point of view (and for your back) you should find it helps. memory foam by nature is designed to mould around your body shape, this means that your body is under no 'peak pressure' strain enabling the muscles to relax

02/01/2011 at 21:11
another +1 for the sprung matress with the foam bit on top.  Can't remember what make it is, got it in the sales last year and it's amazing.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.