Men and Women

or personality?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
01/12/2011 at 08:39

If the BBC had changed their voting procedure and this was the result I think you'd want to look at it but as far as I have read nothing has changed, just that no woman made the 10 nominations this year.

MPs always like to speak out on anything in the news these days, whether it is X-Factor, footballer misbehaviour or in this case Sports Personality of the Year. They also seem particularly keen on telling the BBC what to do.  

01/12/2011 at 08:43
Did anyone else get the e-mail from a big marathon organisation suggesting we vote for Mo?
01/12/2011 at 08:55

I guess politicians have to show that they are 'in touch' with real peope, hence why they stick their nose into everything.

Womble, if I did it would have gone straight into my spam folder and I wouldn't have seen it.

01/12/2011 at 09:42
I agree that there shouldn't be a quota of women for spoty - this list just flags up the problem (or some might not see it as such) that women's sport is under valued compared to men's. It should be a wake up call for the publicly funded broadcaster and others with a public service remit (think Ch4 has?) to start trying to redress that a bit in their coverage.

Having said that I think asking Zoo and Nuts for nominations is an insult to sportswomen - the only way women will feature in them is if they agree to pose for some saucy photos. I think that's such a faux pas whoever decided it was a good idea should be sacked - if we are going to have cuts at the BBC let's start with them.
Cheerful Dave    pirate
01/12/2011 at 11:49

It's this insistence on phone & text voting that's the problem.  in the old days you wrote a name on a form at the back of the radio times and sent it in.  You could vote for anybody you liked, none of this shortlist nonsense, with profiles and interviews with each of them on the night (with usual accusations of bias against anybody getting less airtime than the rest) and interminable interruptions to remind everyone of the numbers to call. 

No wonder I won't bother watching...

05/12/2011 at 17:00

CD,Just switch the TV on for the last 5 mins, as I have done for years.

By the way Welsh sports personality of the year this year, no footballer or rugby player included.

05/12/2011 at 17:55

If they'd asked Nuts and Zoo to vote for "the one with the biggest t*ts", then we wouldn't  even be discussing this issue.

A missed opportunity, I'd say.

Dark Vader    pirate
06/12/2011 at 18:21

The programme is hugely biased now...  I don't watch it anymore...

I will wait for the Smiffy sketch to be on youtube...   or,, maybe as Gavin and Tracey haven't been on this year that won't happen...

Chrissie Wellington has been overlooked yet again.............. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.