Men's Health Readers

so the outcome is?

1 to 20 of 42 messages
18/12/2011 at 15:33

What are the top three ways to have better sex with a topless gay man who has perfect abs?

You get told 6 new ways every month, so assuming they aren't the same six, you must have an encyclopaedic knowledge by now!

18/12/2011 at 16:39

New vocations like mining...

(C&P a version of this joke) 

At the National Gallery in London, a husband and wife were staring at a portrait that had them completely confused.

The painting depicted three American men totally naked sitting on a park bench. Two of the figures had black willies, but the one in the middle had a pink willie.

The curator of the gallery realized that they were having trouble interpreting the painting and offered his assessment.

He went on for over half an hour explaining how it depicted the sexual emasculation of black men in a predominately white, patriarchal society. 'In fact,' he pointed out, 'some serious critics believe that the pink willie also reflects the cultural and sociological oppression experienced by gay men in contemporary society.'

After the curator left, a man approached the couple and said, 'Would you like to know what the painting is really about?'

'Now why would you claim to be more of an expert than the curator of the gallery?' asked the couple.

'Because I'm the guy who painted it,' he replied.

'In fact, there are no black men depicted at all! They're just three American coal miners. The guy in the middle went home for lunch.'

18/12/2011 at 20:13
6? We've only tried 4!
18/12/2011 at 20:19

LN

6?  I can only think of 2 and one of those is one my own

19/12/2011 at 13:33

I don't understand that joke LN - please explain.

Also, what's this thread about?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
19/12/2011 at 13:41
Red Squirrel. wrote (see)

Also, what's this thread about?

Why men will never be equal until we can spend 6 hours and £100 at the hairdressers and get away with it as pasrt of the house keeping
19/12/2011 at 15:04

I have never spent £100 at the hairdressers ...

Still don't know what that joke means

19/12/2011 at 15:44

I heard Max Boyce tell that joke about Welsh miners back in the 70's! Of course they wouldn't understand it now as they wouldn't know what a Welsh miner was.

19/12/2011 at 15:55

I know what a Welsh miner is Fishy, I'm 47.

I just told the joke in the office and no-one understood it.

Does anyone on here?  Or are you all pretending you do?

19/12/2011 at 16:05

The joke is poking fun at pretentious art critics who made the assumption the picture is about oppression etc when all it is a picture of coal miners, one of who was made very welcome by his wife/lover when he popped home for lunch, hence why his penis is not covered in coal dust.

I would have thought that mining naked would breach several H&S codes, but then the joke wouldn't work.

19/12/2011 at 16:21
I got it first time.  Maybe it's the way our minds think BDB.
19/12/2011 at 16:24
Badly Drawn Blo-ho-ho-ke wrote (see)

The joke is poking fun at pretentious art critics who made the assumption the picture is about oppression etc when all it is a picture of coal miners, one of who was made very welcome by his wife/lover when he popped home for lunch, hence why his penis is not covered in coal dust.

I would have thought that mining naked would breach several H&S codes, but then the joke wouldn't work.

Also - why aren't the rest of their bodies covered in coal dust?

19/12/2011 at 16:28
I thought that they were?  Where does it say that the picture is of white people?
19/12/2011 at 16:30
Does tea bagging count as 1 or 2?
19/12/2011 at 16:33

Caz - I couldn't possibly comment

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
20/12/2011 at 08:36
Red Squirrel. wrote (see)
Badly Drawn Blo-ho-ho-ke wrote (see)

Also - why aren't the rest of their bodies covered in coal dust?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink .........................
20/12/2011 at 16:51

The cultaral history aspect of the anecdote is interesting.  These American miners work in the nude unlike UK mines who tend to be fully clothed.

So it would appear strip mining is more common in America.

21/12/2011 at 00:36
That joke doesn't chime with me.  The whole scenario seems too implausible.
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
21/12/2011 at 09:50
As an ex coal face miner, Fully clothed or vest and shorts would depend on which part of the mine you worked at. Some mines cane be up to 10 miles underground so the air being pumped in will get warmer as it is picked up and propelled further in by the fans on the inbye roadways. As the oxygen content only need to be a minimum of 26% some of this is used and the CO2 being warmer adds to the heat. British miners wore either shorts and vest or thin clothes when working the outbye roadways or on the coalface, and warmer stuff on the inbye roadways.Naked miners is a myth, believe me you wouldn't want to be crawling along behind the machine man or prop drawer in front if he's had a few beers after the last shift. The closer to the shaft on the inbye side the cooler it was. In winter on the downshaft it was common to have 6ft icicles on the shaft walls and on the pipes that had the pumped out water travelling up them.
21/12/2011 at 10:07
Nicko. Hdau wrote (see)
 6ft icicles on the shaft

Surely if there's a mining joke to be had, we should start here.

Good stuff Nicko!

1 to 20 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.