Missing Maths Teacher

News

61 to 80 of 150 messages
27/09/2012 at 09:18

saw this posted elsewhere:

You are 30 she is 15 do the maths teacher 

You are 15 he is 30 do the maths teacher 

27/09/2012 at 09:54
In the news this week we have had reports of mass rapes in Syria. Grooming of young girls in Rochdale for sex. These two have gone off by mutual consent. She is below the age of consent but only just. Rightly so there will be a prison sentence waiting for him and his life will be in tatters. In many ways he is a victim too. He will be paying the price for this long after she has forgotten about it. But compared to other crimes in the news this week this is not so bad. I just hope they both come home safe. He needs to pay for his crimes and she needs to get on with her life.
WiB
27/09/2012 at 10:11

I am interested in how he is a victim?

WiB
27/09/2012 at 10:49
I don't think he has done this as some violent hate crime. I'm sure he has done it out of love for the girl. He is probably in a very confused and mixed up state too. He has done wrong and should be punished but he isn't a " Ian Huntly" . His life will be devastated by this. How strong must his feelings be to risk everything in his life for the girl.
WiB
27/09/2012 at 11:01

ok, I agree he is no Ian Huntly and it appears the girl's life is not in danger from him. However, that is something the justice system should take care of when deciding on his punishment and not be a reason for him to be considered to be a victim. 

From reports on the matter so far he appears to be capable of making decisions and understanding the outcome of them. As such, feelings aside, he has knowingly broken laws and removed a young girl from her parents without consent. That is bad enough without gonig into other possible crimes.

Given her age, she will not be deemed responsible for any actions they carry out as pair. That doesn't make him a victim it just makes him foolish if he was so easily influenced by a young girl.

I see your point, but I think suggesting he is a victim is probably the wrong way to describe it.

WiB
27/09/2012 at 11:17
Victim of himself and the situation in as much as he will pay the biggest price. A huge price which I'm sure he will regret for the rest of his life. Rightly so in as much as there should be huge deterrents for such behaviour. But rather than turning him into Freddie Kruger like the likes of Seren Nos does in her black and white world I prefer to have a little compassion.
WiB
27/09/2012 at 11:32

Yes, if they returned right now the girl will not get any punishment. Anything she is deemed to have done wrong she can simply say "he made me do it". In that respect his is a victim of his own choices, but they were his own choices.

WiB
27/09/2012 at 11:34

My wife is a teacher, and I must say her stance on this surprised me.  Neither me or her have read all the reports, so can't confirm (or otherwise) her arguments, but she feels a bit sorry for the teacher in this instance and pretty much summed her views up as Sussex Runner has, whilst still acknowledging that the teacher has done wrong and must face any punishment etc.

Her view (with no knowledge of the ins and outs of the case) is that she would be very surprised if the school hadn't acted if they knew for sure the two were in a relationship.  There was a report that said the girl's friend and reported the relationship but my wife's view was that school can't generally act on every report they get from a teenager.

Her main point was that because the school had been mixed up in cases previously, they should be even more careful when something like this comes to light.

27/09/2012 at 15:42

Pffft. Sorry but as much a victim? The age of consent is there for a reason, ok, children don't suddenly grow up and get all responsible about sex from the age of 15 and 51 weeks to 16, but there is a huge difference in maturity between a 32 year old and someone who is 15 or 16, or 18 (because that is how old she would have to be for this to be legally "ok" ... she's not just a few months underage, she's over two years underage because of his position of trust).

I don't care if she paraded naked through his classroom with a bottle of caramel sauce and a sign that said 'Come and get it' - he's the adult, the teacher in fact, and should have a. known better and b. been able to control his actions if he couldn't control his thoughts.

27/09/2012 at 15:47

Everyone has inappropriate thoughts/ feelings about something or other, everyone is tempted to break the law at some time or another, it's not about having no sympathy for an error of judgement (but sorry, what does a 32 year old see in a 15 year old that we're supposed to feel sympathetic about? It's really not Romeo and Juliet). Most people don't act on those feelings because they are able to draw a line between what is ok to think about and what is ok to actually do in real life.

People who are paid to be in a position of responsibility definitely should be able to control their instincts, or if it was that big a deal to him resign from the school and wait until she turned 16 before starting a relationship with her. Not run off out of the country.

27/09/2012 at 15:51
xine267 wrote (see

I don't care if she paraded naked through his classroom with a bottle of caramel sauce and a sign that said 'Come and get it' - he's the adult, the teacher in fact, and should have a. known better and b. been able to control his actions if he couldn't control his thoughts.

i don't think he would really want the bottle of caramel sauce.

27/09/2012 at 15:52

I knew someone would say that

seren nos    pirate
27/09/2012 at 15:54

agree with xine 267....he didn;'t have to wait long did he.....

kittenkat    pirate
27/09/2012 at 16:03
Big_G wrote (see)

My wife is a teacher, and I must say her stance on this surprised me.  Neither me or her have read all the reports, so can't confirm (or otherwise) her arguments, but she feels a bit sorry for the teacher in this instance and pretty much summed her views up as Sussex Runner has, whilst still acknowledging that the teacher has done wrong and must face any punishment etc.

Her view (with no knowledge of the ins and outs of the case) is that she would be very surprised if the school hadn't acted if they knew for sure the two were in a relationship.  There was a report that said the girl's friend and reported the relationship but my wife's view was that school can't generally act on every report they get from a teenager.

Her main point was that because the school had been mixed up in cases previously, they should be even more careful when something like this comes to light.

As well as having an affair with a teacher when I was in school, I had a 4 and a half year relationship with one of my uni lecturers (about 22 years my senior), and  taught myself in Secondary for many years...

I feel a bit like I can make a valid judgement here from all sides, I can see how it happens but it is wrong. There is a very strong power relationship at play between teacher/student, lecturer/student, and it most certainly isn't an equal one.

The person I really feel sorry for in all this is the poor teacher's wife!

27/09/2012 at 16:05
There are also a lot of assumptions in this case. Admittedly, a lot of the assumptions may turn out to be facts, but at the moment they are just assumptions.
27/09/2012 at 16:09

yes, although given the few known facts i am struggling to find a possible reason to doubt the assumptions.

unless he took her away to france to escape something else.

(i don't mean the law)  

kittenkat    pirate
27/09/2012 at 16:10
Big_G wrote (see)
There are also a lot of assumptions in this case. Admittedly, a lot of the assumptions may turn out to be facts, but at the moment they are just assumptions.

That I agree with, I wouldn't be part of the lnych mob but how can he not think that his life is in bits right now? Also if this was more innocent than most are assuming why run away and hide?

kittenkat    pirate
27/09/2012 at 16:11
skotty wrote (see)

yes, although given the few known facts i am struggling to find a possible reason to doubt the assumptions.

unless he took her away to france to escape something else.

(i don't mean the law)  

Algebra?

27/09/2012 at 16:55
Double geography ?
27/09/2012 at 17:05
The pressure is getting to him. He's aged two years in less than a week. He's 32 now apparently. If only she could do the same.
61 to 80 of 150 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.