Missing Maths Teacher

News

121 to 140 of 150 messages
01/10/2012 at 11:49

He applied for a job at an Ex-pat's pub. Not a very smart move.

01/10/2012 at 14:47

Why would God be looking for bar work ?

WiB
01/10/2012 at 15:25

I thought God was a DJ?

WiB
01/10/2012 at 16:31
Of course God is a woman, have you seen the proportion of women's clothes shops to men's on the High St ?
kittenkat    pirate
01/10/2012 at 16:32
popsider wrote (see)

Why would God be looking for bar work ?

A chance to mix (with) the spirits?

Dark Vader    pirate
02/10/2012 at 21:09

Going back to the original topic...

Is the girl guilty of anything in all of this..?   I very much doubt that she is a silly naive 'child'...  very foolish and will probably look back on all of this with much embarassment...  but she must have known what she was doing and probably wasn't coerced or manipulated etc...

Its a fascinating story, from a legal perspective as much as anything..  I wonder what the Courts will do about it..?

kittenkat    pirate
02/10/2012 at 21:12
Dark Vader wrote (see)

Going back to the original topic...

Is the girl guilty of anything in all of this..?   I very much doubt that she is a silly naive 'child'...  very foolish and will probably look back on all of this with much embarassment...  but she must have known what she was doing and probably wasn't coerced or manipulated etc...

Its a fascinating story, from a legal perspective as much as anything..  I wonder what the Courts will do about it..?

She's guilty of being a 15yr old teenage girl and that's about it.

02/10/2012 at 21:29
Yeah, guilty of being a child. Children are well known to 'influence' and 'manipulate' adults into all sorts of sticky situations, I hope they lock her up before she corrupts more teachers. Or a priest. Danger to society she is and all teenagers like her who male adults like to pretend look and act older than they actually are.

Silly silly stupid and dangerous man.
02/10/2012 at 23:17

Do you think it's equivalent to the paedophile priests who have made news in recent years then ?

03/10/2012 at 07:46
Is one form of abuse better or worse than another? Is that what you're asking me?
03/10/2012 at 08:08

I'm asking you if you think what this guy has done deserves the same level of punishment as a serial paedophile.

03/10/2012 at 08:13
And we know that he isn't a serial peadophile because....?

What I'm trying to get at is that people like to say that teenagers are provocative, that they are flirtatious, that she was able to say what she wanted as she was mature. In the eyes of the law, what he has done is illegal. In the eyes of the law, he will be likely to be treated differently to someone who abuses several children or younger children.

I'm not going to say that he isn't different to a serial peadophile or that he is. I'm just trying to get the blame shifted onto the adult and not the child.
03/10/2012 at 08:21

Well we don't know for sure he isn't a mass murderer either but let's not throw the key away just yet.   

Yes what he has done is illegal - but so are lots of things.   Was it wrong - in my eyes yes, deserving of prison - yes - so I'm not pretending this is something that can be ignored.    But we don't know he represents a danger to other teenagers and for me anyway he isn't on the face of it  deserving of anything like the punishment that a serial paedophile is.      

kittenkat    pirate
03/10/2012 at 08:26

I don't think he's a peodophile, neither do I think he's a well put together person emotionally.

seren nos    pirate
03/10/2012 at 08:28

popsider.if he felt that he could not stop himself ......then that indictaes that he is dangerous...........he knew it was wrong and illegal and is an intelligent man who has all the training for these situations.......

but he could not stop himself.............so if the next time he fancies a 13 yr old or a 11 yr old..why will he be able to stop himself anymore than he could this time.........he knew her age.....he hadn't met her in a nightclub in makeup etc and been fooled into thinging she was 19....he saw her ina  school uniform......as a pupil.......

i agre not in the same league as a serial paedophile.................but if someone came up and shot one of your kids as they had an urge to shoot someone..........would you say......well they are not in the same league as the serial killers so we should go easy on them

03/10/2012 at 08:38

I've got to rush off but I'm not saying we should go easy on him - I'm saying comparing him to a predatory paedophile priest is over the top.   I'm not saying he isn't a danger to other teenagers - just that we don't know that he is - what has his previous behaviour been like.    Sorry but no time to give a longer response than that or the kids will be late for school !

03/10/2012 at 08:50
He IS a peadophile. Unless I got it wrong, a peadophile is someone is is attracted to children. He is attracted to children (one child?).
I agree with seren.

Popsider-I understand what you're saying. When I put in my post 'or priest'. I wasn't comparing him to a priest who has abused several children over many years and had a whole institution cover it up. What I was getting at is often (and I work with people who have been victims and perpertrators) perpertrators (and sadly society at times) like to convince themselves that the child has inititated the abuse in some way and therefore they have not been responsible for their actions.
When you look at how many children have been sexually abused (by whoever, at whatever age, in whatever way) and how many people actually get arrested, never mind charged or convicted, of those crimes, you would be shocked. Part of that is how our justice system works. Part of it is perceptions of sexualised children.
In my humble opinion.

What I was doing was responding to Dark Vader's post where he asked if she was guilt in any of this and put child in inverted commas. I was trying to get the shift away from thinking children are responsible for how adults behave.
Edited: 03/10/2012 at 08:57
03/10/2012 at 08:56

If he's been persuaded either by lust or as he would have us believe the love of his life to abscond with an underage girl, then he clearly is a danger, ad KK he is a paedophile by that definition. 

His internal moral guide is not working correctly, this is a difficult one because how do you differentiate between a girl of 15 yrs and 364 days to one 16 yrs and 1 day? however the line is deliberately drawn to clarify this, and he has crossed the line.

If it were open to debate and the interpretation of the law etc, rich paedophiles would walk, whilst poor ones would feel the full force of the law, at present it should capture most. 

03/10/2012 at 09:51

Just as a point of fact I don't think being attracted to 15 year olds is technically paedophilia - I AM NOT SAYING IT IS RIGHT - just that it doesn't make him a paedophile - well not according to wikipedia anyway.  

03/10/2012 at 09:58
Exactly, by definition he is a paedophile. The trouble is that word has become another form of abuse to throw against people. When we were kids we didn't know the meaning of the word. The kids hear it from their Sun reading parents and throw it as a term of abuse at anyone who dares to tell them off for vandalising the phonebox.

But what is a paedophile. Someone who has sex with underage girls 15 years? Sex with 6 year olds? Someone who thinks about it? It's a blanket term that does no good to use.
121 to 140 of 150 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.