Mornin' all...

Good to be back

21 to 36 of 36 messages
02/09/2002 at 17:13
A half would do very nicely, RB. othing bigger, please! And, Laura, I might well decide to forego Bath in favour of Coniston in March. I love your part of the country so much! And if I can get there, so can the southern Scotland contingent.
02/09/2002 at 17:14
A half would do very nicely, RB. Nothing bigger, please! And, Laura, I might well decide to forego Bath in favour of Coniston in March. I love your part of the country so much! And if I can get there, so can the southern Scotland contingent.
02/09/2002 at 17:15
Oh, blast! In trying to do a sneaky bit of editing, I seem to have managed to double-post. Sorry! Looking at some of the errors in my posts, nobody would believe that there are large corporations out there that pay me to write.
Ratbag    pirate
03/09/2002 at 08:40
Laura,

Give me a break!!!

As far as I'm concerned, Helsby IS the frozen North!!!

Anyway, I quite like the sound of Coniston. Maybe make a weekend of it. I'll certainly give it some consideration.

V-Rap,

Watch this space and I'll try to find a 10 mile or 1/2 some time in Jan / Feb.

All the best,

RB
03/09/2002 at 08:50
This conniston jaunt sounds intriguing - info please - is it flat or uppy downy? Oh and the relevance of Donald Campells exhumation? ( actually you can't be exhumed from water can you - it must be derived from humous meaning soil?)
Linguists please advise.
03/09/2002 at 09:31
Excuse me for butting in, but I've a question for Barkles. You posted a few weeks back saying you were off to join your local running club. I've done a quick search and can't find anything about how you got on.

How did it go?
03/09/2002 at 09:38
exhumation means out of the hummus - the greek paste made from chickpeas
03/09/2002 at 09:46
Thats why it tastes like dung.
03/09/2002 at 09:49
Neil Runs

Yes I went and it was fine- I'll go back so thats OK. They were very welcoming and supportive - created a little group just for me so I could settle in.
Not sure about this week's offering tho - it's their ,mile time trials,and while I am running again, there's not much speed there yet.
03/09/2002 at 11:03
You started it Ratbag.

Barkles, surely you've heard of Donald Campbell's demise in trying to break the world speed record on Coniston Water? Relevance to the race: absolutely none, it was just a little snippet so you can show you know your essential Coniston history when you come up. Bugger all to do with hummus.
About the race, if we must talk about running; it's an undulating course around the lake, very pretty and the second half on the smaller lakeside lane with little traffic. The worst hills are towards the end
03/09/2002 at 11:08
The Old man of Coniston... Went up it once... Bloody windy, bloody cold! remember seeing someone peeing against the windbreaker at the top so don't lean against it!!!
03/09/2002 at 11:36
Laura
You know my reticence to talk about running on this forum!
This race sounds slightly fascinating tho,who to contact?
Then O could be known as the old man of Coniston and Jon's mate could come and pee against me.
I think I must be ill.
03/09/2002 at 11:38
I think so too
03/09/2002 at 12:34
So long as they didn't pee against the wind Jon. Barkles, shouldn't you be worrying about the next Ofsted instead of being on the forum fantasising about being a lamp post?
Contact details: it's early days, the race is on the 22/3. It was in RW 'Best 100 races' league table this year.

Got an address: Coniston 14, Atkinson Ground, Coniston, Cumbria, LA21 8AE
03/09/2002 at 14:10
Ofsted ah! natures answer to laxative.
Cruel is what you are.
03/09/2002 at 19:54
Barkles,

Couple of weeks ago, I phoned my local running club to let them know I'd be coming along to join them for a slow jog. Their reply? "Cool, we're having a 10k time trial tomorrow". yeah, right thanks.

I'll get down there one day

Neil

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.