Most exotic food you've ever eaten?

to go along with the other food thread

21 to 28 of 28 messages
18/09/2002 at 22:11
Glenn, I've sampled goat curry at the Notting Hill Carnival too. You can get jerk chicken there as well, which is fab. And, when in France, I've had escargots a la bourguignonne (snails in garlic butter) which are fantastic.

Most exotic though? The scotch pies at Celtic park - there's nothing like them (honest).
18/09/2002 at 22:12
On a business trip to Japan I was given jelly fish, pickled in vinegar or something similar - it was one of those cases where you don't dare ask what it is until you've managed to swallow it. The things we do to keep customers happy!

I also managed to order pigs testicles once - didn't understand the menu - didn't eat them either!
OB
18/09/2002 at 22:28
cat stew in Valencia in 1972 - I was poor, it was cheap!!
18/09/2002 at 22:57
Lumpy pink blancmange scooped from a wetsuit recently vacated by Sandra Bullock.

Well, you wanted exotic!
19/09/2002 at 00:09
Kidneys---!!
19/09/2002 at 01:06
God you lot are so exotic is there knowhere you havent lived of been.............
19/09/2002 at 08:39
fried pigs ears
grilled sheeps testicles (only once, didn't know what it was, still find it very difficult to convince my father in law that I do not want to eat them again)
cows stomach
ostrich
alligator
cactus
and all this just to be a polite guest
19/09/2002 at 10:30
Over here (in Iceland) local delicacies include rams testicles pickled in whey and - best of all - preserved sharks head. They bury the sharks head, wee on it, leave it for a few months then dig it up and eat it with a spoon (and I'm not joking!). They wash it down with Brenavin (caraway seed liqueur) to take aaway the taste.

And they think Marmitte is disgusting!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.