Most stupid or obscure injury award.

21 to 40 of 68 messages
kittenkat    pirate
14/09/2012 at 19:07
XFR Bear wrote (see)

I scratched my cornea on an overhanging branch running home from work

What did D sever his tendon on making tea?

The corner of the work surface reaching up to get a cup. He was in A&E for 11 hours. Much piss taking at work ensued.

14/09/2012 at 19:10

I ran past a hedge with a wasps nest and got stung 3 times.  Two days later I was in hospital on an IV drip with cellulitis of the lower leg.

14/09/2012 at 21:04
I once gave myself a black eye doing my horse's girth up. Girth slipped out of my hand and the momentum meant I punched myself!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
14/09/2012 at 21:10
kittenkat wrote (see)

Last year, as a 40 yr old adult I put the palm of my hand down on the hot plate on the stove to check if it was on.

Completely sober I might add, an away with the fairies moment.

It was on.

You just reminded me of something I did this morning.....

I was lighting a scented candle with an extra long match. Put it up to my lips to blow it out without allowing for the extra length and burnt my bottom lip!

Because I take stupid to a whole new level

14/09/2012 at 21:40

I touched a fence to see if it was electrified once. Fortunately, it wasn't!

14/09/2012 at 21:54
Tripped over and put hand down and a needle went straight through my palm. No one owned up to having dropped it but it def wasn't me. Hurt more pulling it out.
14/09/2012 at 22:13

Eew, JeremyG. I've gone all peculiar now 

14/09/2012 at 22:14

Put my thumb over the end of an electric stapler then pressed the lever to see if it was working. It was.

IronCat5    pirate
14/09/2012 at 23:10

Was using some pliars to pull some stuff apart at work. It was suggested I wear safety glasses, but I knew better.

Until the pieces came apart and my thumb went in my eye. Ouch.

14/09/2012 at 23:12
Flat Foo..ted wrote (see)

I ran into a llama in mudchute park....more a bruised ego for me then anything else.

I have to ask this......was it an ACTUAL llama, or someone in fancy dress???

14/09/2012 at 23:18
JeremyG wrote (see)
Tripped over and put hand down and a needle went straight through my palm. No one owned up to having dropped it but it def wasn't me. Hurt more pulling it out.

I once knelt on a darning needle, went right into the side of my knee by a good inch.

14/09/2012 at 23:26
Eew mingo darning needles are quite big.
Btw I loved the llama too FF, def the most bizarre so far.
14/09/2012 at 23:32
JeremyG wrote (see)
Eew mingo darning needles are quite big.
Btw I loved the llama too FF, def the most bizarre so far.

Yep, was a bit grim to look at. Was when I was younger and my dad was first in the room and just pulled it out. No blood or anything, just a bit of a limp for a few days. Sometimes wonder if it did any permanent damage (wasn't taken to the doctor at the time).

15/09/2012 at 07:36
Saffy Sweety Pea wrote (see)
Flat Foo..ted wrote (see)

I ran into a llama in mudchute park....more a bruised ego for me then anything else.

I have to ask this......was it an ACTUAL llama, or someone in fancy dress???

It was an actual, living breathing smelly llama, i turned a corner and bang straight into the llama, it was being taken for a walk by it handler.

15/09/2012 at 08:09
Was walking/jumping on an old carpet to flatten it so it could fit in the car (I used to fit carpets) and because we had been fitting a new one I was in just socks, an old Stanley knife blade was in the old carpet that we'd missed picking up and went almost the whole length into the arch of my foot.
15/09/2012 at 13:45

Working in a bar, I managed to smash a glass I was holding in my left hand, and stab myself in the back of my right hand with it.

The only bone I've ever broken was my little toe, done by falling out of bed!

15/09/2012 at 14:47

Going down hill on a skateboard in tamden with a mate we flew into a a guy on his bike....the pedal ripped my thigh open ( 12 stitches ) apparently the doctor laughed when my mum told him what had happened.

15/09/2012 at 15:11

When I worked in A&E someone came in with a bad knee injury, having been struck by a greyhound running at full speed!

Obviously we had all the people mysteriously "slipping and landing on bottles/ batteries/ haircurlers", etc, whilst naked, thus explainig how said object got into an unnatural orifice!

IronCat5    pirate
15/09/2012 at 21:54

I had a friend (honest) who stepped on a belt whilst pissed. The long tine went deep in to his foot.

Just remembered that during a party a few weeks back we broke up some old fence panels to burn on a bonfire. I stepped on a plank with some long nails. Luckily my crocs took the brunt, but they still went a few mm in to my foot.

gingerfurball    pirate
17/09/2012 at 10:01
tricialitt wrote (see)

Obviously we had all the people mysteriously "slipping and landing on bottles/ batteries/ haircurlers", etc, whilst naked, thus explainig how said object got into an unnatural orifice!

Ehrmergherd!

When my daughter was due her last child I decided we were going to go a brisk walk to see if it would get her started - we got to the bottom of our street where there is a big field - I walked onto the field and stood on a broken upturned bottle which was rammed into the ground - I was wearing flip flops and it cut a 4 inch gash in my instep - I ended up in casualty.  She had the baby the next day.

21 to 40 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.