Most stupid or obscure injury award.

41 to 60 of 68 messages
17/09/2012 at 10:37

When I was about 8 years old I was "helping" my uncle with some gardening, and managed to impale my foot with a garden fork

18/09/2012 at 16:21

As a youngster, cutting out a poster from a magazine and in a hurry I put the scissors down they got stuck in our thick carpet upturned and I knelt on the point. I screamed and stood up instantly with them stuck in my knee!

I fell down the stairs backwards (from the top step), carrying scrabble and a glass of milk. Got to the bottom covered in milk and letters. Cracked ribs and a good ribbing soon after.

Tried to avoid an electrified fence whilst working on a ranch in Canada, thought I would shimmy under the main gate. Turned out the cable runs under it too! 

Bouncing on my nan's sofa excited with my new Paul Daniel's magic set, I had the wand in my hand, slipped off the sofa and hit the floor, the white part of the wand penetrated the back of my throat. All I remember is the horrible taste of salt water for ages.

18/09/2012 at 16:46
not that you're accident prone sansom
18/09/2012 at 17:23

My mum took my cat to the vet and the vet got her to hold the cat while he performed the examination. The vet stuck his finger up the cat's arse and the cat bit into my mum's thumb.

My mum needed a course of strong antibiotics. The cat was fine.

18/09/2012 at 20:10
My husband kindly reminded me of how after his Dad died I tidied up our bedroom.so he could return to a nice place after a stressful time. Bonkers thought but needed to do something.

So room is tidiest it has been for ages (not a naturally tidy person plus we had been busy visiting Father in Law) and I trip on nothing and hit my chin in bed. Horrific bruise and after getting checked by Dr turns out have mild concussion. God knows what everyone thought at Father in Law's funeral as as skin was broken couldn't cover it up!

On the plus side husband did laugh originally!
18/09/2012 at 21:15

Ok time to wheel out the ultimate 

ERMEHGERD story

This thankfully didnt happen to me.

My mate Bill was ...was....a Postman in Ferndown near Bournemouth. On delivery one day goes up a garden path with a parcel, knocks on the door.

He hears barking tother side sees outline of German Shepard Dog.

Can you guess where this is going?

Bill steps back as the bloke grabs dog and opens door.

Bloke has hold of dog, Bill has parcel.

Bill leans forward to hand bloke parcel.

Dog lunges towards Bill

Dog sinks teeth into Bills groin.

Bloke pulls dog bag dragging Bill with him.

Dog still clamped to front of Bills trousers.

Bill screaming, man prises dogs jaws open.

Bill collapses.

Ambulance called.

Bill taken away.

Scrotum neatly torn in half by dogs teeth.

Testicles exposed to elements.

Bill needs blood transfusion and dozens of stitches in clackerbag.

Owner taken to court £2,000 fine dog destroyed banned from owning animals for 5 years

Bill retired medically unfit. Massive payout from mans insurers.

Bill now librarian

gingerfurball    pirate
19/09/2012 at 09:11

*faints*  

19/09/2012 at 09:27
*winces*
19/09/2012 at 11:21

Ruined a good pair of wellies by putting a garden folk through my foot.  Mum was not impressed. 

25/09/2012 at 15:09

When I was 12, a fat kid jumped off the top bunk of my bunk bed and broke my big toe

25/09/2012 at 15:45
My uncle once had a dental appointment but couldn't make it so my dad went instead. 4 hours later dad returns home minus half his teeth with another appointment booked to remove the rest.
When at school in a woodwork lesson, pupils gathered around the lathe while teacher demonstrates. One pupil points at part of the lathe and asks "what does that bit do ?". The whole class soon found out as I poked my finger to close too the lathe which proceeded to take my finger tip off and splatter some of the other pupils with blood.
My dog was being a pain the other night so I went to clip him round his rump but he was too quick. My hand continued along its intended path and I smacked myself in the knackers. Ouch
25/09/2012 at 16:23

I lost both my front teeth when racing shopping trolleys (aged early 30s at the time)

I tore the ligaments in my ankle stepping on a tennis ball, fractured an ankle turning on the spot, broke a thumb stepping off an escalator, broke a finger when standing completely still and falling over for no apparent reason, etc etc

25/09/2012 at 16:35

Took all skin off bottom of my back when young trying to do Fosbury flop onto bed but just succeeded in grazing my back all down side of bed (which must somehow not have been all soft - can't remember exact details but still have the scars).

Superglued the rear view mirror onto palm of my hand whilst trying to glue back into car and had to get wife to drive me down to A&E to get removed - cue much hilarity and a few good jokes about me having to hold my hand up so she could see if there was anything behind her etc etc.

25/09/2012 at 16:53
Ok, cracked my rib in August while running. Didn't fall over or run into anything. Of just went mid run.

I was racing a mate on a training run and two blokes started to walk out of a shop 5ft apart. Mate slammed to a halt just before them and I laughing aimed straight down the middle, thru a big pane of glass and embarrassed carried on. When mate caught me up I had a 10'' shard of glass sticking out of my shoulder.

Worse, and thankfully not me. Playing football against another school me and their winger slid in for the the ball. He screamed out loud. I got up, called him a puff then noticed his white shorts getting increasingly red. He had managed to slide over a broken bottle and sever a testicle. I can feel his pain now. :-/
25/09/2012 at 16:58

Nurse Ratched    pirate
25/09/2012 at 22:39
Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Superglued the rear view mirror onto palm of my hand whilst trying to glue back into car and had to get wife to drive me down to A&E to get removed - cue much hilarity and a few good jokes about me having to hold my hand up so she could see if there was anything behind her etc etc.

Sorry.  I shouldn't.  

27/09/2012 at 09:11

Hurt my knee running a couple of month ago. I was hobbling around on crutches and bloody kicked the treadmill by accident walking past -broke 2 toes.

gingerfurball    pirate
27/09/2012 at 09:14

I did something similar too - I had fallen and broken my ankle on a training run (while on holiday in Club la Santa no less) and was hobbling from one room to the other and miscalculated the door frame and banged my pinky toe (on the other foot) and broke that too - it's not easy limping on two legs!!

LIVERBIRD    pirate
27/09/2012 at 19:21

If you're on my Facebook you'll already know I had a somewhat "intimate" argument with a bollard yesterday....

And then had to go to see a GYNAECOLOGIST at lunchtime and explain why I had a purple fanny

27/09/2012 at 19:39

My mother accidentally jammed the forked tail of a purple plastic dinosaur into my ear while messing around with a Happy Meal at McDonalds.

The wait at a&e was mortifying. I was 19-years-old!

41 to 60 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.