Most unsuccessful joke?

What's yours?

1 message
13/09/2002 at 12:35
A few years ago one of my practice partners went to Glastonbury, got held up in the traffic on the way back (allegedly), and didn't show for evening surgery as planned so I had to see all his patients as well as my own.

To relieve the siege mentality, the rceptionist and I "booked" him an extra (fictitious) surgery for the following afternoon with the names of about six patients-with-attitude that he currently had "issues" with on his list and a note saying that they had all come in last night and insisted on seeing him urgently.

He came in, looked at the book, swore, drank his tea and slammed down the cup, and stormed out. I had to do morning surgery on my own as well.

But it backfired on him too because he didn't go home so when the practice manager phoned his then girlfriend to say we were worried about him because he wasn't at work, she put two and two together in the style of a justifiably paranoid woman shacked up precariously with a charismatic psychopath with a taste for tartlets...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.