Mundane thread

40,421 to 40,440 of 49,820 messages
20/11/2012 at 08:00

My work laptop is still not working. But, I am sitting on my chair. My chair is nice 

20/11/2012 at 08:34

Morning 

DS, cross country bimbling, in this weather?  You are braver than me!

It is very wet and windy today. 

gingerfurball    pirate
20/11/2012 at 09:04

Morning all - wet and windy here too...I couldn't find any of my running gear this morning to pack for a lunchtime run...that's not good is it! 

Black bin emptied successfully this morning *phew*

20/11/2012 at 09:16

I am going xc today as well, though that is normal for me. I had thought to do 15 miles, then I thought 2 shorter runs of 7.5 miles each, that way I get in the miles and also a tempo run.

Work this evening. poo bums to that, another 18hr shift. I just wish I got paid for nights, I spend half my day catching up on missed sleep and the other half with a headache for being so tired.

Passes sarah cucumber for her pickle.

20/11/2012 at 10:27

Morning all

GFB - I've replied to your message and managed to make a right mess of things in more ways than one! You'll know what I mean

Mega stomach ache last night. I'm assuming whatever caused that was the same thing that put me off the pineapple. Seems ok this morning though...

My predicament - as most of you know (from the woe is me whinging ) I do not like my current job. I've been applying for other work, and now three things have come along all at once. One of them is a 60 mile round trip, three days a week, good pay. The second is one day a week, 30 mile trip, same pay as the first. The third is as and when (likely to be a lot of work, including evenings and Saturdays), is a 30 mile round trip, and about 2/3 the pay of the others. 

I'm trying to work out what to do, if I can make all three work together and if not which to take. It's an unusual position to be in, seeing as how jobs are so hard to come by! But trying to figure it out is making my head implode 

gingerfurball    pirate
20/11/2012 at 11:28

It's ok Bookie...all sorted now lol.

Just got an email and MrGFB (thanks to last weekend's race) is ranked 5th in Ireland in his age group rankings...not too shabby

20/11/2012 at 12:32

(((small))) I don't generally mind the weather when I'm running.  My problem is that I struggle with running in the daytime when people can see me, I'm not very athletic and tend to feel very self conscious (which is why I normally run at 04:30).  With the xc, once I'm out on the fields and trails, it's mostly nice and quiet which works well for me and I can enjoy the countryside.  Somehow I don't mind being visible so much at events, I just enjoy the running (but mostly hate the photos afterwards ).

(((mouse))) excellent xc mileage, I always enjoy reading your stuff about xc and routes.   I'm very keen on travelling over the fields/bridleways etc with Dawn Dog. That makes the xc planning a little easier for me around here.  

(((Bookie))) On the face of it, I suppose if you can make jobs 1 & 2 gel, then job 3 you treat as an extra until you or the employer gets tired of being used as a spare.

(((gfb)))  Way to go for Mr gfb, excellent skills (does he like Marmite?).

I haven't had my toasted cheese yet.

20/11/2012 at 13:29

DS, I don't mind a little rain but it's blowing a hoolie here and I'd prefer not to have a branch landing on me bonce!  

Hope you had a good run or runs, Mouse?

Bookie, good luck with your decision making.

Lunch today was broccoli and stilton soup. 

Edited: 20/11/2012 at 13:30
20/11/2012 at 14:05
small wrote (see)

DS, I don't mind a little rain but it's blowing a hoolie here and I'd prefer not to have a branch landing on me bonce!  

I would very much prefer that too
Nice soup I finally had my toasted cheese (cut diagonally 'cos these things matter).
(((Cake))) 

Edited: 20/11/2012 at 14:05
gingerfurball    pirate
20/11/2012 at 14:06

I've never had broccoli and stilton soup.

Lunch here was a "chef salad" - in other words all the left over bits out of the fridge - but it did include some cheddar cheese

20/11/2012 at 16:47

The sun will shine upon me as I cycle home from work tomorrow. Other than that it shall rain.

Have been to Waitrose and bought some cheese. Oak smoked Chedder and oak smoked Wenslydale and Yarg.

20/11/2012 at 17:18

eves peeps - just been out on my bike, the knee has survived

20/11/2012 at 18:07
We had to go to hospital last night to have mrs ps boil looked at. Five hours in a and e then ten minutes to drain it. It was disgusting. We got home in the early hours then I was up again at five to drive to cheshunt again for a meeting about boxes. Now I'm home

Good news on the knee bear.
20/11/2012 at 18:17

Early days yet I only cycled about a mile but it's a good non-impact way to build strength

20/11/2012 at 18:54
Blimey Mr.P, you must be knackered! (((hugs))) to you and the good Lady Puffy
Good news on your knee Bear
I've had a shocking afternoon Some people are just so incredibly ignorant.
20/11/2012 at 19:14
(((Mr. P))) I Hope tonight's a better one.
(((Bear))) Good going on the bike
(((Bookie)))
20/11/2012 at 19:21

A certain department is putting me under a lot of pressure at work.  They want me to get about 3 months worth of work done in about a week, but aren't giving me any information about the job.

Work starts tomorrow morning and we have yet to agree how it is going to be done

20/11/2012 at 19:38

Great news about the knee Bear.

We have purchased ice cream today from our local ice cream emporium, MrKJ had bubblegum flavour, I had chocolate ripple. We also went to get Mini's feet measured, they haven't grown.

20/11/2012 at 19:57
I've got a friend at work with size three feet, her ten year old daughter is size four!
20/11/2012 at 20:03

You are so lucky to have a friend at work.  I don't.  They are the most boring bunch off people I have ever met

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.