Mundane thread

40,501 to 40,520 of 49,417 messages
22/11/2012 at 13:20
Bin day is Monday. One week is green bin ( which is non-recyclables) and green sack ( garden waste). Next week is black bin ( cardboard, tins nd cans, and plastic bottles). Every 4 weeks we are allowed to put out our glass recycling with our black bins. They aren't collected on bank holidays, so we put them out on the Tuesday, unless the Tuesday is also a bank holiday in which case we leave them outside because we all get confused.
22/11/2012 at 13:43

Thanks for the hugs. 

Welcome by 'eck! I see we share a bin day. But our non recyclables go out in a black bin one week and the compostable/garden waste goes out in a green bin the following week along with a black box for tins, foil, batteries, etc., and a green box which is used for glass and plastics. We can also put paper in our green box but it has to be wrapped in plastic to keep it dry and as they don't take plastic bags these tend to get left in the road to blow around. So I don't put paper out in the box. 

I really like cheese

22/11/2012 at 13:44

*whispers* carterusm I don't really like cheese either  though it's best to nod and smile and try to look interested. 

by 'eck gold star for you for answering so fully. I have never commented on my bin days though I've been a mundanie for aaaaages - I can't comment cos I don't know. The bins live on the grass next to the drive and the binmen seem really happy to empty them from there. I no longer remember what it is like taking the bins out. 

Creepy neighbour is wandering about outside my window, I hope he gets blown away!! 

gingerfurball    pirate
22/11/2012 at 13:56

...in mundane news...we've been to the hardware shop (really old fashioned one in town) and got some heavy duty drain clearing stuff for a blocked outside drain at home...we stood watching it for 15 minutes...we need to get out more!!

22/11/2012 at 14:38
Hello. It has been a long time.

My leg has more or less healed and I am running again. I'm also over a stone lighter. Decided to diet off some weight to put less strain on shin when running. I am looking very lean even though I say so myself. I've had a crown fitted on my front tooth. And other stuff. I was planning on going out for a run later, but it's blowing a hooey and bit storms are due. Hmm.
22/11/2012 at 15:02
JT! Long time no see! How's toe hat?
Today I have mainly been speaking loudly and clearly to elderly people. Apparently us young folk (?!) don't know how to talk properly. I assured the person in question that I'm not that young!
22/11/2012 at 15:05

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6c8qzFccd1qzfebyo1_500.gif

It IS indeed very windy! 

Hello JT. Good idea not running in this, especially as you are so light now, you would definitely be blown away!

Sarah, you are young. 

22/11/2012 at 15:11

lol poor cat!

Bookie have you got the Paul Hollywood baking book?

22/11/2012 at 15:19

Catches small and gives her a love.

Turns Catersum away at the door - I knew that one was a wrongun. Clearly they won't be wanting a mundane T shirt. The one that says 'we like cheese'.

waves to JT, long time no see, how's things?

(( by eck)) always welcome if you bring cheese. (see above).

I have runned, I am sore. I have eaten one of D's snickers and feel much better for it.

gingerfurball    pirate
22/11/2012 at 15:33

A client just called me Sugar in a text...I'm hoping it's an autocorrect 

22/11/2012 at 15:43

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/r90/250920_10151865912695716_1771716415_n.jpg

22/11/2012 at 15:49
We have good cheese in the by eck house. Lots of it comes from little artisan produces. Nothing much better for lunch than bread and cheese
22/11/2012 at 15:56

to that post by 'eck

22/11/2012 at 16:00

Bread and cheese is a staple in this house as well.

I still feel crap after my long run. Why is it that I feel so unwell, it's a tummy thing, I have stomach cramps and just feel horrid. I felt better after the snickers and not drinking as i thought it might be because I knock back too much fluid as soon as I get in the door. I'm hving a nice hot cup of green tea now.

I want to sleep.

22/11/2012 at 16:52

(((By 'eck))) & (((JT))) *waves*

(((Bear))) Excellent photo.

(((Small))) Loving the kitty-kite  

(((mouse)))

(((Cake))) just 'cos.

I have had my xc bimble, it was short and before the wind became all sassy and in my face.

22/11/2012 at 17:57

(((Cake))) no not cycle *wibble*  - cross country run.

I need to get the bike back to Alex soon to service the gears, it's a little clunky.  Then weather permitting I can begin to build it into my training schedule for the tri next year.  Blasted thing still scares me to death.

22/11/2012 at 18:08

I have to cycle to work in a mo.

22/11/2012 at 18:11
I cycled to and from work today
22/11/2012 at 18:12
Cake wrote (see)

Mine still scares me mate. I'm sure that will be somewhere just as good as Alex for that in ever chesterfield or nottingham but it's a good reason to head up here if you want to say hello. Alex has shiny things in his shop at the moment.

Cheers guy, I'm happy to let Alex do it, it's just a matter of getting the time/transport to sort it out.  I'm sure I'll find some way of spending a bit more while I'm there.

Edited: 22/11/2012 at 18:13
22/11/2012 at 18:13

Take care Mouse.  Its blowing a hoolie out there

I've just spend an awful lot of money on something i can't afford.  I feel both guilty and excited bepending on whether I think of the credit card bill or the purchase

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.