Mundane thread

40,661 to 40,680 of 49,834 messages
26/11/2012 at 18:54

Do Bears really like porridge? 

gingerfurball    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:20
((MummyBear))
26/11/2012 at 19:53
Sarah - does this mean that cake will have to fend for himself while you go off galavanting for your oral surgery ?

I've just been to the shop
26/11/2012 at 19:55

It does, I'm incredibly selfish like that

I went to the shop earlier. I purchased some lemon and tee tree shower gel. 

26/11/2012 at 19:57
Mr by eck had to fend for himself for one night. It might be best not to leave him again...
gingerfurball    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:54
GFB + Big Full Wine Glass + Gravity = Fail + Crash and Splash
26/11/2012 at 21:05

*passes the straws*

26/11/2012 at 21:20

I've been experimenting with food.

Today's dinner was potatoes, mushrooms and butternut squash baked in a cheese sauce and served alongside a steak.

I've never cooked steak before as generally I'm not keen on big slabs of meat, but this one was reduced to almost nothing in the supermarket so even cheaper than the chicken.

26/11/2012 at 21:40

I got in and Mrs P had made a proper Chicken Pie

26/11/2012 at 22:22

*feels that her cooking attempt is insignificant compared to a pie*

26/11/2012 at 22:30
A pie is very simple, put the stuff in a dish and lay a sheet of jus rol on top and bake it.

I like steak
26/11/2012 at 22:33

I used to like making pies, flans, quiches etc.

Not much demand for them now that there is only me.  I would be eating it for a week

26/11/2012 at 22:47

I have started the newest job hunt with help from beloved. Ach. Time for bed, Sleepy and scratchy voiced. night all xx

27/11/2012 at 08:11
Morning loves.....taking the day off work today, got some kind of apocalypse going in my stomach....(i'll spare you the details!)
gingerfurball    pirate
27/11/2012 at 09:20

Morning all - hope your tummy settles ((Towner))

I was all organised this morning and had my running kit all packed up so I could run at lunchtime today...and then left home without it face/palm ...

Blue bin was placed at the kerb, handles out, no open lid before 7.30 as stated by Bin Nazi...they still hadn't arrived when we left at 8.50...one of the neighbours has flouted the rules and has put their  bin out with a gap visible...we're interested to see if they get emptied....I will report in due course

27/11/2012 at 09:23

Stears clear of Towner.

I have my big Willy now and it's green.

I need to run today, should I run to work and therefore not be able to make tomorrows training or should I run now, cycle to work by some new route to avoid the floods, do the staff training tomorrow and then be to tired to do hocey training in the evening.

In other news, I have tea. Good luck on the job hunt front mima.

27/11/2012 at 10:56

(((Towner))) Is it a D&V type thing?

(((Mima))) I'm guessing things at work aren't good... Good luck with the job hunt

I'm looking forwards to the bin report GFB. I've often wondered (as you do) about how strictly they actually stick to those sort of rules. 

I can't remember what else I've read. I'm old and forgetful and full of cold *sniffle sneeze*

*holds out hands plaintively for some of Mouse's tea*

27/11/2012 at 11:14

Morning all

Bear, I hope mummyBear is all ok and can leave soon.

Towner, I can sympathise after my bout of Barcelona Belly last month.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bookie, I had 4 wisdom teeth out under general anesthetic when I was 19. My jaw had to be cut into and I couldn't eat properly for days. My mum liquidised Sunday lunch for me, it rather lost its appeal once it'd been turned into green sludge. 

I have been to the vets with Tinca today. He has been off his food since Saturday. He refused tuna and turned his nose up at cheese!  He has tonsillitis. I did not know cats could get that and apparently they have 6 of them! Poor Tinca. He has had an injection of NSAIDs and antibiotics. His temperature was 104!
He yowled all the way there and all the way back. He has had a few laps of water and gone back to bed now. 

Good luck Mima and ((hugs for all)) that need them. 

27/11/2012 at 11:39

Hope Tinca gets better soon.

I have had left over pizza for brunch, now I really must get ready for work. It's only Tuesday and I want Saturday already - or at least tomorrow now.

27/11/2012 at 12:47
Get well soon Mummy Bear, Towner and Tinca

I have a full rubbish bag that needs to be put outside but it's raining ...
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.