Mundane thread

40,781 to 40,800 of 49,703 messages
02/12/2012 at 09:20

It's horrid being home alone. D used to leave me for weeks when he went to China.
Glad that's over now. It's only a week max now.

Hope the time doesn't drag by and that you get to go out with the minis and see all the Christmas lights and have coffee with friends and such things that will keep you company.

The ice is about 6 inches thick this morning. Poo and bums. Drugs today methinks.

02/12/2012 at 09:26

(((KJ))) I hope you don't have to cope on your own for too long.
(((B))) Well done to 'K' for his lift freeing skills, glad you weren't in there all night.

Good morning mundanies.

My Santa fun run was cancelled, so I had an adventurous cross country 10k this morning.  Running across fields with lovely sunrise on one side, a 3/4 moon on the other.  There was no bad floodwater any more, but lots of ice and irregular frozen lumpy bits of ground to keep an eye on.   I prefer the mud and water.

02/12/2012 at 09:27

(((mouse))) *waves*

02/12/2012 at 09:31
Morning, busy day today, run first, then cooking my mums birthday dinner and ferrying the family round.
02/12/2012 at 09:43

I'm going to do stuff today. I'm going to have a rest week so no long run, I may go out for a little bimble or I may just rest up totally and do crafty stuff. I'd love to get out with the camera and take some photo's I bet it looks lovely out there.

I've just been looking at the email confirmation for my Christmas pressies.  Why aren't they here yet, I ordered them last night.  hoodie

D is very grumpy this morning. I can't do anything without being moaned at.  I want to whinge but it's not me that's unwell and he's bearing it like a man (if you get my drift). He is in pain and I'm making him eat, not what he wants but he has no fat or muscle left on his body, not that he was big to start with.

Happy Birthday Mummy P.

02/12/2012 at 10:39

gfb!

((KJ)) I'm sure you'll be fine but I hope the time passes swiftly until Mr KJ is home again.

Thank goodness you didn't have to spend too long in the lift, B. 

DS, Shame about the Santa run but sounds like you had a marvellous run across the fields. 

Happy birthday mummy P. 

((mouse)) It is hard looking after poorly loved ones. Hope D ate all his food and that you have a good crafty day.

I'd love to go for a run; my calf feels better but I think spending the day squatting on the floor force feeding the cat has made my hip sore. Next year I don't want any injuries, please?  

02/12/2012 at 11:07

I'm also a bit sleepy. We had a house full of 16 - 17 year olds stay over last night. Well, there were 4 extra ones but they made it sound more like 20. Finally went quiet around 2am. 

02/12/2012 at 11:08
Happy birthday to Mummy Puffy

Hugs to TMouse and D, sorry to hear he is still suffering
It is lovely out there today - we ran on the prom, hardly any wind and the sun on the sea - beautiful
Edited: 02/12/2012 at 11:08
02/12/2012 at 12:04

What happened to the hills?

Hopefully we'll get to go out for a walk, I need something for D to think about other than being in pain.

02/12/2012 at 12:06

(((mouse))) It sounds really hard Is there no sign of relief for D?

02/12/2012 at 12:11
Hills? *shuffles and looks shifty* not sure what you mean, we always planned a flat prom run for today
02/12/2012 at 12:30

Not at the moment Dawn. He says he's just feeling worse day on day.

02/12/2012 at 13:07

So sorry to hear that mouse.  

02/12/2012 at 14:00

((((hugs)))) to all poorly, achy, tired and sniffly Mundanies

Good to see that GFB didn't bleed to death

Sympathies for lift catastrophes

I've been away for the weekend but I am now back.  I drank lots with Bear, then I won three events in a swimming gala, then dranks lots more without Bear but with other people.  Ended up sharing a hotel room with a girl, then came home to find my bin wasn't happy being out all weekend and it had tried to make a run for freedom down the street.

02/12/2012 at 14:48

Last night the conversation turned several times to my Channel swimming.  Several people said that they wanted to follow my progress in training.

I'm looking for ideas.  How should I go about this?  Start a specific Channel thread n here somewhere?  Start a new blog, and if so where?

Starting a thread on here sounds a bit self indulgent as other people can't join in.  It's not like I am training for an event that lots of other formites can enter too.  But if I start a blog elsewhere then how are people going to follow it easily?  Where do I go to start a blog (I want it to be a new one and not continue the running blog I have)?

Thoughts please

02/12/2012 at 16:08

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/411813/gallery/pegdoll.jpg?width=350

This is what I made for my RW SS victim. It's taken me all day to make. I'm quite proud so I thought I'd share. The victim has never been here so I feel safe in sharring. It's in addition to the other thing they asked for.

02/12/2012 at 16:21

That is really cool and a fantastic likeness to your victim

Who is it?

02/12/2012 at 16:31

(((mouse))) Loving the thought that's gone into that.

02/12/2012 at 16:41

Could be me apart from the hair colour.   The degree of flexibility on the legs is on a par.

Humungous read back as that thing that finances life seems to be taking it over at the moment. 

Hope mummy Bear's on the mend and huge sympathy to D. 

'specially big hugs to KJ, hang in there hon x

Nice to see you back Towner

In mundane news, I have had a go at a DIY job on cutting my fringe.  Haven't had a haircut since the first week of September so I resembled Neil from The Young Ones.  Post DIY haircut I now resemble Neil from The Young Ones with the fringe of Mr Data from Star Trek

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 16:42
02/12/2012 at 17:28

Ok, I have started my blog.  It can be found at http://channellingoptimism.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm all nervous now.  What if people don't like it?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.