Mundane thread

40,961 to 40,980 of 49,328 messages
09/12/2012 at 08:51
Forbidden planet
09/12/2012 at 08:54
It must be a sponsored thing surely? I'm not sure I like it...
09/12/2012 at 08:55
Waterstones
09/12/2012 at 08:55
Amazon
09/12/2012 at 09:10
Waterstones
Cadbury
Marmite
09/12/2012 at 09:11
Hmm...
Runners World
Asics
Tesco
09/12/2012 at 09:12
Odd.
Anyhoo, morning.
I am still in bed.
09/12/2012 at 09:39
Morning, I am sadly not in bed. I wish I were.
We got a letter about our bin collection over Christmas/new year and I am confused.
09/12/2012 at 13:31
Big bin news by 'eck! They don't change the collection round here, if your usual day is a Bank Holiday I think they just miss you out..

I have lost a bit of a tooth or filling or something ... I definitely have a hole where I didn't haveone before ... I suspect it will cost
09/12/2012 at 13:37

Morning guys.  Or is it afternoon now?

Got home very late last night.  I was doing the OSS December dip in Parliament lido yesterday.  Water was 2-3 deg depending on who you listened to.  Then went for a wonderful pub lunch with hot cider, followed by meeting up with a friend for a gossip.  What was supposed to be an hour's chat over tea turned into an evening of more pub food and drinking, resulting in me driving home at some god forsaken hour.

Very tired today so I'm doing nothing.

09/12/2012 at 15:17

Good afternoon, I have runned and cycled. Love the road bike it's so fast. Just not very puncture resistant. I got really really very cold. I abandoned the last hill climb as the wind was just comming at me and I wasn't enjoying it. Came home had a bath, mistake was to let me run it, takes ages to get warm in a tepid bath. Had a little nap as I was very tired. Prolly cos I got so cold. Have bought yummy supplies and am now drinking tea and sneezing.

Passes B some chewing gum for the hole.

The Waterstones link didn't work. Lets try Millet Sports ; Runners Need ; Rat Race

09/12/2012 at 15:40

What's with the automatic hyperlinks?! One is not amused 

How long did you stay in the water Caz? I can't remember the descriptors, but isn't 2-3C tropical? Bit tame for you, surely! 

I've been trying to find a Christmas tree. No luck They're all too small or too big. That Goldilocks tree is eluding me... 

09/12/2012 at 16:26

Tropical is around 10 degrees if my memory serves me correctly.  3 degrees is Fresh

I did a total of 100m, so that was probably only about 2 minutes, split into two dips.

I'm scaring myself by writing a more detailed training plan for my swimming.  It looks tough, so I've made myself a cheese sandwich as I will need a lot of calories over the next few months.  I'm not comfort eating, honestly

09/12/2012 at 16:41
Apparently, during Christmas week your bin day moves because of the bank holiday. But the bank holiday falls on Tuesday/Wednesday Christmas week and Tuesday for new years. Our bin day is Monday. I don't know when to put my bin out?!?
I did some running today. I saw a red kite and a dead rat and lots of people putting out their green bins.
09/12/2012 at 16:42

It sounds like the cheese sandwich is a nutritionally sound choice  

Today I am feeling very world weary. I'd like to go to bed 

09/12/2012 at 17:58

*tucks Bookie up with a big mug of cocoa and a 5 cheese sandwich with marmite on squidgy soft home-made bread.

Hi by'eck as I don't think I've ever said it, but belated welcome.

It looks like I won't be able to take part in the mundane secret santa opening even remotely  We've got a hot date with a 90 year old, taking Blouse's lovely Uncle Reg out for a Christmas lunch on the 15th, and it's at least an hour's drive each way on top of normally-not-what-you'd-call-fast service from his favourite restaurant.   As it's two Saturdays before Christmas, I'm hoping we'll be home in time for Boxing Day.

Edited: 09/12/2012 at 17:58
09/12/2012 at 18:15

Where's the like. It made me giggle though Hash.

i have to get ready for work.  I'm really very tired and I want to sleep tonight not be kept awake by the screaming hoarde. Ear plugs at the ready.

10/12/2012 at 07:29
Morning mundanies, I hope the sleep fairy visited everyone and you are all feeling rested this morning
10/12/2012 at 07:56
Hi hash, good to meet you.
Sadly the sleep fairy and little moo have different ideas
gingerfurball    pirate
10/12/2012 at 09:33

Morning all - it's Baltic here today!  I got a *non* compliment yesterday - my hair was still straight after being at the hair cut shop the other day and someon said to me - your hair is lovely - it really suits you like that - it makes you look younger...and thinner....so I'm thinking...so my normal hair makes me look old and fat??

Ah well - got my normal old, fat, curly hair today

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.