Mundane thread

41,021 to 41,040 of 49,122 messages
11/12/2012 at 06:57

Morning DS 

11/12/2012 at 07:05

Morning

I've made a lovely pot ofcoffee, any takers?

11/12/2012 at 08:12
Yes please *holds out cup* Ta Mr.P
(((DS))) just because
Good luck with the bake sale
11/12/2012 at 08:55
(((Mousey)))
Morning mundanies
gingerfurball    pirate
11/12/2012 at 09:13

Morning all ((hugs to those who need/want one))

Blue bin made it to the kerb and back even though it's icy here.

11/12/2012 at 09:26

Hello.

Did I manage to send you that message last night bookie.?

I nearly made myself a cold cup of tea this morning. Put the kettle on, went for a walk down the garden, came back, kettle had boiled, picked up about to make tea, then wndered if water was hot - cold - duh had turned it off at the wall. Cold tea would not have been good.

I'm not happy today, may just go for a walk.

11/12/2012 at 09:29

Morning all.

Brrrr, it's cold and icey today. I am working from home today. I am working from home and sitting in my chair today. I am working from home and sitting in my chair but dont have cheese today, I am working from home and sitting in my chair but dont have cheese and am keeping warm today. My chair is nice. Cheese is not nice.

11/12/2012 at 10:25

Ignore long winded post about bikes - I'm rambling.

I've been trying to do the sums and it looks like it'll cost me £3k to replace my bikes and put in a little extra home security in the form of a ground anchor set into concrete and that'll be cheap as I know someone who'll make me one.

Dolly had been completely rebuilt with better everything, plus all the bits that you need just to push the pedals round. When you start to add it all up the figure gets bigger very quickly.

I found a replacement for Bob and Roberta @ Evans for £750 but then I need pedals and different tyres and lights and pump and lock and bottle cage and spares and tools and saddle bag to carry this stuff. Bloody tools were in the bikes plus spare tyres and stuff.

I'm just glad that I was lazy and didn't fix the gears on both bikes and Dolly had a little squeek.

I'm doing agitated leg wobbling at the moment.

11/12/2012 at 12:41
Those thieves are just big nasty cock wombles why are there nasty mean people who don't give a toss about other people who have worked hard to get their stuff?
11/12/2012 at 13:20

And the twats who buy the stuff; no market no thieves

11/12/2012 at 13:28

Going to cost me a grand just to replace Bob and Roberta. Of course I could do it cheaper but I want a bike that's going to be up to the job. As for Dolly - That's going to take a long time to save up for. Guess I'll have to go to work and earn some pennies. Bottoms.

11/12/2012 at 14:20

I'm so sorry to hear your news, T.Mouse
Have you checked your house insurance doesn't cover the theft? I was surprised to find mine was covered as it was in my garden when stolen - their philosophy was that there is very little you can do to protect many garden items (patio sets etc) so that they covered up to £1500, no questions asked.

11/12/2012 at 14:30

No - I should have locked them up or stored them in a locked building. My bad. I got lazy. I did lock them up at one time but they were always in the way and I kept on needing to move them. I will have to rearrange the garden and put in some permenent storage solution.

Anyway - there's worse than losing your bikes, a friend has left work today to look after a relative who is very ill. They are very close. She must be heart broken.

11/12/2012 at 17:01

Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho.

11/12/2012 at 17:06

ooh an angry Santa, who has been naughty.

This one is for after the Christmas party.

This is obviously for the bookworm.

This is.... ah

11/12/2012 at 17:09
Your smileys have hats. That's not very mundane
;)
11/12/2012 at 17:19

. wonder what you need to type in for them?

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 17:19
11/12/2012 at 18:22

festive!

If you had unpacked someone else's kitchen, where would you have put cake tins, cooling trays, roasting tins etc.? Mini and I were cooking today and I realised I haven't a clue where they are.

Sorry about your bikes mouse, that's such a nightmare.

11/12/2012 at 18:35
Next to the oven. Probably the right hand side since moat people are eight handed
11/12/2012 at 18:35

Cooling trays might be in the drawer under the oven if you have one.

The other items I would have put in a high up cupboard that was difficult to get into as you don't tend to use them every day.

Bad news about the bikes Mouse.  Mine are locked up and insured, although I doubt the lock is that secure.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.