Mundane thread

41,841 to 41,860 of 49,592 messages
12/01/2013 at 18:14

Expected overnight tomorrow night so might go for the three mile walk into work on Monday.  Great fun if there's snow and much safer to leave the car at home.  Just don't want it around for too long to mess up the running.

12/01/2013 at 18:15

Looks out of window hopefully...

... nope no snow yet.

In other news, D is going to be measured up for a new suit tomorrow. He doesn't have anything that fits him any more and I finally convinced him to have a new suit made. He'll never find anything off the peg anyway.
Also, I think we may have found some rings. Black titanium.

12/01/2013 at 18:56

No snow here

Black titanium is very cool

Mouse, let me know what you want in terms of cake - how many for, what flavour, decoration, shape, tiers, etc. Traditional wedding cake (fruit cake) would need to be made asap to give me time to feed it. A traditional cake doesn't have to be presented traditionally if you want something a bit different Or if you don't like fruit cake, anything else can be used instead (although may be more difficult to decorate...). 

I'm in for Legends please Caz - sorry for being so indecisive. I shall be plodding at the back and my normal sunny disposition may be somewhat impaired by the end of it... 

12/01/2013 at 20:11

Black titanium sounds cool

12/01/2013 at 21:41

I've completed a survey about public toilets

12/01/2013 at 22:17
Bespoke suit, very nice.

Goodnight everyone
gingerfurball    pirate
12/01/2013 at 22:23
Night night all...I've been on bed rest since Friday due to ridiculous blood pressure!! Are you stressed?? No more than usual!! *deep sigh* love to all!!
12/01/2013 at 22:36
Night night gfb, rest well
13/01/2013 at 00:18
Night night all
xxxx
13/01/2013 at 05:43

Good Morning Mundanies

Apparantly this morning, 'LSR' will stand for Long Snow Run.  The white stuff has started to arrive a little earlier than expected.   I suspect I won't meet many other people with shorts on in the fields today.

Cheese is our friend.

13/01/2013 at 06:43

Morning  

It has indeed snowed a little *bounce bounce*

13/01/2013 at 07:44
enjoy the snow! None here (thank goodness!)
13/01/2013 at 08:10
The Dawn Shadow wrote (see)

I suspect I won't meet many other people with shorts on in the fields today.

Nothing here at the moment either, thankfully.  Work are draconian about turn-up-or-get-your-pay-docked, so if we do have a dumping of the white stuff tonight as forecast then I'll be in a major flap as I'm petrified of driving in snow,  Head torch, spikes, and a long clump either end of the train journey (if trains are running).  Anyway, that's tomorrow and may not happen

13/01/2013 at 08:18
I hate driving if it's snowy or icy too Hash
13/01/2013 at 10:20

Snow doesn't bother me. I'm a hero. Just off to take my cold weather meds.

13/01/2013 at 10:27
I love snow and I'm not scared of driving in it. Though I was coming back from a winter wedding a few years ago when my car lost traction and floated backwards into a snow drift. As if by magic a huge four by four full of helpful burly men appeared. I felt like such a tit as I opened the door and stepped out into the blizzard highlighted by their headlight beam in a little frilly frock and satin shoes.
13/01/2013 at 10:32

Just a frost here, been out for a little jog and debating taking my camera out to take a few snaps or having a nice warm bath.

13/01/2013 at 11:57

Small splattering of snow but it's not settled everywhere.  I have always been comfortable driving in the snow until I got a rear wheel drive car.  Now I'm much more careful.  I had an incident with a bridge last time which scared me a bit.  I was going slow enough that I just bounced off it with no damage, but people fairly frequently go off that bridge and onto the railway line when weather conditions are good and I had visions of me going over the edge.

13/01/2013 at 12:20
Eek Caz! I skidded into a kerb on black ice once and that has really put me off .. I will be walking to the gym and back if it gets bad here, but so far not even an icy windscreen this morning. Very pleasant 8 miles plodded
13/01/2013 at 13:07

Morning...ish. I biked! 4 miles, I am now a posessor of sore "bits" OW! But after the initial "oh my GOD i'm going to DIE!" I was fine. Corners are a bit interesting though!! Wheeeeeeee!

Definitely prefer swimbling!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.