Mundane thread

41,921 to 41,940 of 49,699 messages
15/01/2013 at 22:43
We had lentil soup.

I could murder a chilli and some cold beer.
I'm on the last ten pages of my book I should have carried on last night I was lost in it but now I am outside looking in as it were
16/01/2013 at 01:04

(((Mr P))) 

(((Mundanies))) 

16/01/2013 at 07:00

(((Mundanies))) 

16/01/2013 at 08:56

Great news Caz! 

Mr P, not sure what's up, but you sound like you're in need of a hug. ((Mr P))

Sausage and butterbeans for us last night... "cook 'em, hull 'em, put 'em on the steam, that's how we fix butterbeans. Butterbean, butterbean!" 

gingerfurball    pirate
16/01/2013 at 09:13

Funny that - there was a man on the radio yesterday bemoaning about the fact that no one ate butter beans any more!!  (we used to get them for lunch in primary school - we thought they were punishing us lol!! - I quite lie butter beans now!!)

Dins last night for us was steak, roasted tomatoes and asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and a blue cheese (CHEESE) dressing - it was scrum-diddly-dumptious!!

Oh and we watched Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close - which was amazing - watch it if you get a chance 

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 09:16
gingerfurball    pirate
16/01/2013 at 16:48

Afternoon all - just back from the docs...BP still high (176/96) so he's going to do a bunch of tests..downside is he says no running for at least a week (I think he might have said two) - so that looks that that might scupper VLM...anyone know the process of deferring? 

16/01/2013 at 20:14

Aw, GFB That's rubbish. Take care of yourself though. There will be other marathons, but there's only one you ((((hugs)))) 

Someone at work commented today that "this must be so easy for you". I've decided to interpret this as I make the job look easy *sticks fingers in ears and refuses to listen to alternatives*  

16/01/2013 at 20:49

hello mundanies *waves*

Poor GFB, I deferred the other year but even now can't remember what the process was, that's rubbish. I do know that I needed my running number when it came to the following years entry and I couldn't find it. However, as I'm not going to be marathon ready for April I decided to just let it go.

Recycling bins collected today, black bin for next week is already looking rather packed.

16/01/2013 at 21:47
Sorry to hear that gfb but you don't have to defer yet (())

And ((everyone))
Edited: 16/01/2013 at 21:48
17/01/2013 at 08:00

It doesn't need to snow for there to be a thick coverring of white out there. It's blimmin freezin. ...and I'm going to work today. must remember to take my cold pills.

Hope everyone has a good day and that all those little niggles iron themselves out.

17/01/2013 at 08:59
That's such a shame gfb, I hope you are better soon.
I deferred one year, I think I had to send off the acceptance letter that came with the magazine - There was a form in there, tick a box and send it off and you were deferred, no need for medical proof or anything. May have changed?
17/01/2013 at 09:00
Just had a look on the VLM website. If you search for "defer" the instructions come up, there is a link you have to click on and then it goes from there ...
17/01/2013 at 09:14

(((gfb)))

Good morning Mundanies, I have had enough of the snow and ice now, feel free to come and collect it if you want it.

In recent Mundany news, one inner from a shoe was warmer than its counterpart on Sunday, that's mostly because it was in my dog! 

17/01/2013 at 10:02

((gfb)) Hopefully you'll get some good news from the doc and you won't have to defer at all. 

I haven't seen any snow yet and it's not even icy. Although whilst washing up this morning I did see some white bits falling out of the sky. Not sure what they were but they're not falling anymore. 

gingerfurball    pirate
17/01/2013 at 11:21

Morning all - I actually don't feel unwell (however I did think my head was gonna blow off my shoulders on Friday night - BP was 186/120  then) I'm feeling ok now.

(Hopefully won't have to defer but it's not the end of the world if I do as I am determined to do the City of Culture marathon here on the 6th of June...oh yeah!!)

No snow here - remember I decided we weren't having any...*nods head* - it's just damp.

I'm burning a new Yankee candle...mango peach salsa...it's lovely

17/01/2013 at 11:26

That's high GFB! You're having tests, aren't you? (((hugs)))

I am in so much pain. My right flank is very, very ouchy 

gingerfurball    pirate
17/01/2013 at 11:32

Oh poor you Bookie!  Do you know what's wrong?

(We're making our own Kefir at the minute...have you heard of that?) 

17/01/2013 at 12:45

Just popping in for a lunchtime lurk, it looks as if hug-dispensing is in order.

(((Bookie)))  (((Mr P))) (((us lot generally)))

Bookie did it just spontaneously start or did you pull something?

17/01/2013 at 13:02

I'm not sure what's wrong, I think maybe a kidney infection. I've had them before It was quite sore when I woke up, then got progressively worse. I've had magic pills though, so it's a bit better at the moment. I start work in two hours...

I've heard of Kefir, but never had it. Is it nice? I'm guessing yes if you're making it

17/01/2013 at 13:09

*waves to Hash*

(((Bookie))) *offers best jar of medicinal Marmite*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.