Mundane thread

42,021 to 42,040 of 49,141 messages
20/01/2013 at 19:06

For some reason I read that as 'No Ted' in the voice of Father Dougal. Time for bed methinks... 

20/01/2013 at 19:14
Mr Puffy wrote (see)
Noted!

How is he getting from Turin to Milan please?

Driving via 3 customers apparently. It's a 2 hour drive so I am told.

20/01/2013 at 20:36

Yes, one would agree. *nods sagely*

We visited Milan briefly once, we drove to a Eurocamp across the lagoon from  Venice. Madness.

We stopped overnight in Metz and Milan en route, I loved it, everyone else hated it.

Milan was closed (August) but even so I found it a slightly intimidating place.

Venice was unbelievable though, a dream come true.

20/01/2013 at 23:35

Mr P - we went to Venice for the first time last summer - I was stunned by it once we got away from the stupidly crowded bit between Rialto and St Mark's - beautiful.

8 miles in some pretty heavy snow this afternoon, and the forest paths are a real trudge now. I noticed that some on here have entered the marathon at the Cerne Man in Dorset. I'm in, but I've not run there before.

In mundane news, according to their website, the borough will make a decision on bin collections tomorrow morning.

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 23:36
21/01/2013 at 05:58

(((Mundanies)))

How is everyone, I seem to be losing track   

*places large kettle of warming 'favourite' soup on table* please pull up a nice chair and help yourselves.

21/01/2013 at 08:18

Morning all.

I've also been to Venice and Milan and briefly, Turin. We went to Venice by train, after being told there were no trains to Venice. They must've forgotten about the enormous station right next to it!  It is indeed a marvelous place and I would dearly love to return.

Our black bin is having a holiday. It was due for a trundle up to the road last night for this morning's collection but as it wasn't even half full I thought I'd give it the day off and spare its poor little wheels.

Lovely smelling soup DS... can I save mine for lunch please? 

21/01/2013 at 08:34

Morning.
Giants Head Marathon is that you are talking about Chillies? It's being organised by Goldbeetle. I think quite a few of us here have signed up for either the marathon or the 10k. I've signed up for the marathon.
Only hope that I can start running again soon afer I foolishly injured my calf. It appears fine but about 3 miles into a run it just seizes up and causes lots of pain, then I can't walk until I massage and stretch. it feels ok now but I'm fairly sure I couldn't run on it today.

Small, good call on the wheelie bin, far too cold for it to be standing around at the top of your drive. Ours is taking shelter under the front porch. D is out there now keeping it company. I hope he's had his breakfast.

21/01/2013 at 08:36

Morning 

How much snow overnight 

21/01/2013 at 08:47

We had non. Rain forcast for today.

gingerfurball    pirate
21/01/2013 at 09:20

Morning all - no snow here...(yay!!) some forcast but it's all up the country.  The Sons and Daughters concert last night to launch the City of Culture was epic!  (I cried my way through it - but I am a softy )

We travel to Manchester on Friday for work....here's hoping the airports are working!!

21/01/2013 at 09:24

We've had next to no snow in Manchester, GFB - so you should be fine

gingerfurball    pirate
21/01/2013 at 09:27

That's good to know Frodo -

21/01/2013 at 09:31

Small - I can send rubbish your way if your bin is underutilised! Ours is overflowing yet again.

Snow here means we're not going to singing & stories at the library, I might try and persuade Mini onto her sledge later but she cries as soon as she gets put in the snow no matter how we wrap her up.

+1 to hoping the airports are working, not entirely sure MrKJ will get as far as Brussels today never mind Turin - I don't mind him being stranded as long as he's safe somewhere though.

21/01/2013 at 09:57
Epic snowfall last night! I've booked and cancelled three MOTs now as I can't get to them, and I very much doubt I'll be able to get into work today. I shall continue writing my book instead
I'm amazed that Manchester hasn't got much snow. It's not that far from here and we've got loads of it!
21/01/2013 at 11:55

Anyone for a brew? Kettle's on - I've just returned from the shops with milk and broccoli and legs soaked up the knee 

gingerfurball    pirate
21/01/2013 at 11:58

I'd love a cup of builders please Sarah

21/01/2013 at 12:05

Would you like broccoli with that?

gingerfurball    pirate
21/01/2013 at 12:27

I like broccoli (I always have to spell check that veg!) - but not with my tea thanks

21/01/2013 at 12:36

I'm planning on making some broccoli and cauliflower soup

Not to serve with tea though...

21/01/2013 at 13:12

It's melting here, and the sun is sort of shining

Mouse - that's the marathon I've entered. Staying in a friend's house in Portland the night, so a big Weymouth or Fortuneswell session will be on the cards that night!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.