Mundane thread

42,081 to 42,100 of 49,417 messages
23/01/2013 at 08:34

Morning all 

Great website Bookie! I did find a couple of boobies on your dog recipe page though 

It seems the whole of the SW has snow, except where we are. We're a little oasis of green! 

23/01/2013 at 08:52

My Daddy has snow and here is quite near you from what I can remember. We don't have snow.  I want lots and lots of snow.

Hospital for D today. I may need to take a book.

23/01/2013 at 10:03

Just had a chat about cheese at work - my boss actually has a seperate, dedicated, cheese fridge! 

23/01/2013 at 11:41

Hope D gets on ok Mouse.

I am liking the sound of a cheese fridge.

Been to baby massage class with Mini2, he's now fast asleep so I'm having my lunch. Always best to eat when it's quiet.

I think it's trying to snow here, fingers crossed MrKJ gets back tonight.

gingerfurball    pirate
23/01/2013 at 12:03

((D and Mouse))

*crosses fingers for MrKJ*

All quiet here today...

23/01/2013 at 13:19
Is it snowing in Sheffield?
Good luck to Mr. KJ and lots of ((((hugs)))) to Mouse and D.
I think everyone should have a cheese fridge and all websites should have boobies
23/01/2013 at 16:14

(((Mouse and D)))

*fingers crossed for Mr KJ*

It did snow and it settled, for about half an hour. All gone again now. 

23/01/2013 at 18:24
This is Tom's Pseudonym wrote (see)

Just had a chat about cheese at work - my boss actually has a seperate, dedicated, cheese fridge! 

Awesome 

23/01/2013 at 21:39

My head isn't working. I thought I was tired and had a headache because of that. I've slept and I still have a headache and I keep feeling dizy just sitting here. I can not affrd to be ill. I may take some fresh air and see if that works, been stuch indoors for too long, otherwise it's coke and bed and a book.

D had his first chemo today, he is feeling fine so far but it's too early to tell how he'll be except to say that he is giving himself a kick up the bum for his pill avsersion.

Getting to the hospital was fun, it's on a ridge at the top of a hill. yesterday there was a massive snowfall in a very short space of time over there such that very many motorists got caught out and just abandoned their cars, they had no choice, so this morning the route that we chose to get to the hospital was closed which meant a massive detour through Brighton. Joy not as there are road works going on and the traffic was very heavy.

Still no snow here though.

23/01/2013 at 21:51

He got the plane and it was only 15 mins landing in Brum.

I am having great fun buying Mini's birthday presents, today I bought her 60 balloons, she doesn't really need anything so I'm going to fill the dining room with them and she'll be in heaven.

23/01/2013 at 21:55

Sorry Mouse it took me so long to post that I missed your post.

Hope D goes ok, I think my mum's usually ok the day of chemo and then has a few ropey days. With each lot it's getting better though, less of a reaction.

23/01/2013 at 22:08

My friend has chemo on Mondays.  She is back running again by Thursday.  She is determined to do Brighton marathon despite the chemo and surgery she's been having.  She's such an inspiration

23/01/2013 at 22:47

That's quite impressive Caz, she must have a great deal of strength to be able to train through chemo.

I've just realised I may have worried people yesterday with a throwaway comment about a car crash  I'll blame being in shock, but sorry if I caused any concern! I was in a car with a colleague when someone drove into us from behind. It wasn't high speed, but there was one hell of a bang and we were jolted forwards quite violently. I don't think there's any real damage done, other than being shaken by it all. It did make me a bit nervy driving today though! 

24/01/2013 at 00:42

all my best wishes go out to those worried about sick friends and relatives.

Sarah, the website looks good. Finish it!

The bin men decided not to empty the bins on my lane this week, despite my solo gritting efforts making it more accessible than the road that they did do.

My Christmas Stilton is starting to taste a bit gamey, even when topped with Christmas Preserve from the Royal Farm Shop. It's only 2 weeks past its use by date, but Mrs C thinks I should throw it away.

24/01/2013 at 01:00

i guess it really helps if you are fit in the first place. D never really was that fit and he's also a smoker. Coupled with weight loss and not really being able to eat he's taking a bigger hit. He's already quite run down.

Yes Sarah, I did wonder about that throw away comment. I know you often do that to us. I think you think that we are just imaginary friends who live in your head and know exactly what is going on all the time.  Glad it wasn't anything serious though.

I am really worried, I had to throw out some cheese yesterday!  This is just something that should not happen.
I could just say that I was feeding cheese to my bin.

24/01/2013 at 08:35

M - O - R - N - I - N - G... ...this is your wake up call.

have to be up up and away, work today.

24/01/2013 at 08:45

Morning. Thanks for that Mouse  

I hope D won't feel too awful after his chemo ((D and Mouse))

KJ, I haven't even thought about what to get Tall for his birthday and it's his 21st! He'd love some balloons though. The thing we were going to get him his g/f has bought. 

I know he'll be delighted with whatever he gets but I want it to be special for his Big birthday. We weren't able to get him much for his 18th and I'd like to make it up to him a bit.

Throwing away cheese...?    *thud*

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 08:48
24/01/2013 at 09:25

(((mouse & D)))
(((KJ))) yay for timely flights.

I is just a bit de-energised at moment, so struggling a little to sparkle, a reasonable facsimile of normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. 

Tommygun2    pirate
24/01/2013 at 09:38

Morning...Put the green bib out this morning, I hope its the right one.

Just a quick update, my wife had surgey last thursday and was back home the next day. She seems to be doing well, we went back to hospital yesterday and they took out the drain and said that it was all going to plan. Chemo starts in a couple of weeks, so the long journey to recovery starts.

T mouse I guess like me you are getting to know the hospital well, I hope the staff at your hospital are as kind and freindly as the ones at Maidstone Hospital.

I have been using my culnery skills on the family and so far so good no complaints yet.

Back at work today after a week off, so some sort of normality.

24/01/2013 at 10:43
fros t. the mouse wrote (see)

I think you think that we are just imaginary friends who live in your head and know exactly what is going on all the time. 

You mean you're REAL?! 

Good luck to Mrs. TG and to D ((((hugs))))

I bought some Seriously Strong spreadable cheese yesterday. Microwave it for a few minutes and it makes a delcious cheese sauce

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.